What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics, Kyle, we lo-o-ove pictures!

Bought this 95 last night paid a little more than I like for a non running bike because of the header and shocks. It has been sitting 6 years. I went out today and started looking close and the tank was pretty clean. I cleand the varnish in the bottom just by taking the sender out and flushing it. I then joked with my friend and said put the choke on its gonna fire right up and we laughed. Well it did fire right up ! I let it warm a little took the choke offf it idled fine but was a little sluggish. I pulled the pods off cleaned them and found 2 slides that had seperated. I glued them back and out the filters back on and it purrs like a kitten.

Congratulations Kyle on the bike. I will have to come see what you got..........

I took the front forks off mine tonight. They get a good cleaning tomorrow and new Progressive Springs. The oil looked nasty and smelled like rotten eggs.

Attachments

• 20161210_002552.jpg
    20161210_002552.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 20161210_002353.jpg
    20161210_002353.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 28
Pics, Kyle, we lo-o-ove pictures!

Here she is when I picked her up covered in a 1/4 inch of dust & dirt & another picture after a trip by the car wash on the way home & some mild cleaning.

I cant believe all the mechanical stuff looks so good as I am going thru it. I pulled the front wheel & cleaned it & put a new tire on the brakes had brand new pads so the pistons were pushed all the way in & did not rust up they were working fine but I pulled them & cleaned them anyway & flushed all the old fluid out.

I had to bleed the clutch so far it is still working perfect. I took it for a short test ride just to make sure 2nd was good even though he guaranteed it to be & it pulled hard no problems . I ordered a new battery & am fixing to order a new rear tire . It needs a paint job it is faded bad but I happen to know this guy that does that.LOL

Attachments

• 95 Vmax & backrest 001.jpg
    95 Vmax & backrest 001.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 95 Vmax & backrest 023.jpg
    95 Vmax & backrest 023.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 44
Another easy restoration. A lucky break. Puffing a bit of oil but that may subside as things go thru a few heat cycles and get loosened-up/ungummed. How many miles are showing? If you said before, I missed it.

Finished the Progressive Fork Spring, Progressive rear shocks installation. 1" lower through the trees and 1/2" drop on the rear. Looking forward to a ride to try it out.

Attachments

• 20161210_194113.jpg
    20161210_194113.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 36
So the Mod Monkey is up and he saw his shadow.The little f#*K say's its gonna be a short busy winter,we've got lots to do so lets go! To kick things off my LED headlamp showed up today. I first read it about here on the forum and thought Id do a comparison trial . I do like my HID set-up, but the mod monkey....well you know.

Attachments

• 20161210_222931.jpg
    20161210_222931.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 20161210_223003.jpg
    20161210_223003.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 29
So the Mod Monkey is up and he saw his shadow.The little f#*K say's its gonna be a short busy winter,we've got lots to do so lets go! To kick things off my LED headlamp showed up today. I first read it about here on the forum and thought Id do a comparison trial . I do like my HID set-up, but the mod monkey....well you know.

I would be interested in seeing a controlled comparison of your current HID vs the new LED. I personally have an HID and have a hard time believing an LED could outperform it. I hope it does, because removing the HID ballast would be nice and it also eliminates another point of failure.

Do you have the ddmtuning HID right now?

Attached a custom made stainless steel trim below amber reflector on my maxIMG_4275.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just took delivery of the LED headlight bulb. It was 57 degrees today so a buddy and i rode around the area for a couple of hours. I'll install the light on a cold winter day.
I do need to learn to shift this bike into second while wheeling in first. Or a better way to put it, I need to be brave enough to make the shift. There are few guarantees in life, but the Verminator will wheelie every time you hit the gas in first.The front tire doesn't come down until the bike over revs, or i let off and a hard landing results. Neither one is good for the bike. Just a little worried about looping it?

Pushed it 1.5 miles to the gas station!
Had suspected the reserve light and switch was no longer working so I just relied on the trip meter. About 85 miles a tank is my average. Thought I could make it, but ran out at 83 miles. Flicking the switch to reserve had no effect.
This will be my next bike related project. Fix the reserve system then maybe mount a small spare fuel cylinder...

Pushed it 1.5 miles to the gas station!
Had suspected the reserve light and switch was no longer working so I just relied on the trip meter. About 85 miles a tank is my average. Thought I could make it, but ran out at 83 miles. Flicking the switch to reserve had no effect.
This will be my next bike related project. Fix the reserve system then maybe mount a small spare fuel cylinder...

Mine used to get 80-ish before reserve, I got rid of the stage 1 stuff and got some jetting going on and not only does it run insanely well now but I can get 120-ish before reserve on the country roads, a touch less for highway. 85 mi seems pretty thirsty.

I got a 3.5 gallon aux tank made to my specs from an ebay seller, if you want one made to size I'm happy to PM you his info, he did a good job and it was quite affordable. Mine mounts to the rack, I've seen these things down to around .5 gallon and some that mount directly to the frame like a little spun aluminum Jerry can. Pretty cool stuff, lots of good options.

Latest posts

Back