What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More of a last week thing.

But now that the VMax has its new tranny in it time to work on some more stuff. i.e. that Digital Tac that I bought a few months ago.

So me and my buddy spent about 4-5 hours installing it... lots... and lots.... of wires. Had a few hick-ups but we got it working.

Next day get ready to go for a ride with my buddys, shit wont start. Basicly the day before we killed the batter/flooded the bike after turning it on and off so much.

Unplugged the cords going to the sparkpulgs to dry it out some and still have to get the battery charged.

yay...

removed clutch MC and cleaned ......... for rebuild kit........waiting on parts;;;;;;;;;;;;:stickyman:

Changed handlebars to 2 inch wider, added lead to bars to kill vibes, soldered the crimp, changed turn signals and tail light to led. Changed out fan switch and added water wetter to cool more , its hot in louisiana. Sent airbox to morley for mods. Added ufo complete 4 into 2 system. Waiting on ufo braided lines to improve brakes, then i will jump on the suspension.

Washed, waxed the archangel getting ready for the Red Cross' ride for the red tomorrow. This is be my 5th year. Talk about some nice scenery, good bbq and people.

I also installed a Noisehush N800, bluetooth headset/intercom on my helmet. They normally go for about $100, but I got it off of Amazon for $44. After syncing up with my cell, the thing works great. Much better than expected. I'll probably do a write up on it after the ride tomorrow.

Purchased bar end mirrors. Black ( to match the Bullitt faring and the new levers). I'll have to find a new home for the polished billet bar ends I made years ago---- oh wait--- I 'll bet they will fit ( Or I'll make them fit ) on the Valkarie and get rid of those cheap plastic bare ends that Honda used ( so did Yamaha ).
Lew

Installed new PC680 battery, did the R/R upgrade, and also installed the HID kit. Man I love this forum, my wallet doesn't, but I do.

clutch MC all rebuilt and bled. got a nice seat cover from Mr Morley......looks WAY better now!!!

not shure what to tackle next:ummm:....so many issues:rofl_200:

New tins on a week or so ago, replaced right front caliper, black Superbike handlebars, Vista cruise, bought a carb sync tool and used it, what a difference... shot-gunned the carbs, might lean out the needles a bit to try that, still cutting out 5-6000 rpm. Polished the crap out of the tins, look very nice.

Last edited:
Put my case guards from Kyle on the other day. Great fit and finish! As always, Kyle is great to deal with.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342798822.558881.jpg

Pulled my carbs off today. Got one all cleaned up and finished. Gonna try to get another done tomorrow. Haven't touched them in about 12 years and there wasn't really anything to do in there. we'll see with the other 3. Gonna do the c o p mod from Gannon soon...can't wait !

Put on new bar end mirrors------ Will ride today to see if I like em. Now what to do with the custom billet bar ends I made???? They wont work on the Valk's throttle:bang head:

Lew

UPDATE: They work ok---- but look much better.

Last edited:
I made up some led bulbs for my indicators. They are old Harley bullets with glass lens.
They fill the lens and are very bright. Should look good, and be maintenance free. :biglaugh:

Attachments

• 20120729_165809.JPG
    20120729_165809.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20120729_165920_HDR.JPG
    20120729_165920_HDR.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20120729_174611_HDR.JPG
    20120729_174611_HDR.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 12
  • 20120729_174836.JPG
    20120729_174836.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20120729_174844.JPG
    20120729_174844.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20120729_175354_HDR.JPG
    20120729_175354_HDR.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20120729_175529_HDR.JPG
    20120729_175529_HDR.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 13
Nice one Baz! Those are awesome.

I called about my bike on friday and was told that 3 full weeks after submitting the completed paperwork they still haven't heard a thing from the govt department in Canberra that issues the needed approval...

I rode it around, then I cam home and etched a brandy snifter for my friend Sam's birthday.

Attachments

• VmaxEtching.jpg
    VmaxEtching.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 13
  • VmaxEtching2.jpg
    VmaxEtching2.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 11
I made up some led bulbs for my indicators. They are old Harley bullets with glass lens.
They fill the lens and are very bright. Should look good, and be maintenance free. :biglaugh:

I rode it around, then I cam home and etched a brandy snifter for my friend Sam's birthday.
Nice work guys! There are a lot of talented and motivated guys here on VMF, makes a lazy slob like me want to do something creative!:biglaugh:

Unless your motor was run in on a dyno it takes a couple of hours to seat the rings and run the bearings in. When you say hot I take it to mean warmed up. Look in the oil level window to make sure your oil is not milky from coolant. Hope it seals up good and runs trouble free for a couple hundered thousand miles. Rand.

Back