What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was playing with some different tips, so instead of drawing lines, curves and other crap, I etched this....

p1040167d.jpg

Rode it for the first time in a couple months. Just to work and back to turn in paperwork and show it off.

Feels weird, so much shits happened this year I'm terrified to do anything that tempts fate

Been work our way up to the north island in New Zealand. Heading back across the ferry to the South Island on the first of Jan. loving it, just going with the flow. Might pop into Nelson for a day or two. Then head back to Queenstown.

Worked on my bike, removing the stock covers so I can install the clear covers tomorrow.
Then I came in and etched this. It will be mailed off with the core covers.

Thanks again Sean, for all the help with Archangel.

morleysmuscle.jpg

NEWS Bulletin!

Fairbanks Alaska has an unusual geographic feature which was recently noticed by a commercial jetliner on-approach for landing. Similar to the South American Plains of Nazca, located in Peru, this unusual formation series was observed on a golf course at North Star golf course. Notice the water hazards surrounding the perimeter. The arrow-straight lines and detailed pictographs are believed to be associated with the venerable Holy Mother of Acceleration, which was rumored to be the cause of flights of reindeer taking to the skies in late December, apparently originating from this area of North America, and spotted roaming the entire globe, as-documented by NORAD.

A study of the ancient artwork is underway, and speculation is rife as-to the named god, "Morley," who is believed to have origins in the North American plains where the Kickapoo Native American tribe was heard to invoke the name of "Morley" after consuming large quantities of Kickapoo Joy Juice. Archaeologists are stunned by the detail and advanced engineering shown in the land lines. Some attribute the work to interaction with Ancient Astronauts. Work continues to attempt to decipher the influences leading to this amazing geographic feature.

morleysmuscle.jpg
[/QUOTE]

For comparison, here is a Peruvian Plains of Nazca drawing:
th

Note the simian tail of the featured geoglyph, there is talk of a connection between the Alaska features and the Peruvian symbol. The Rungwecebus apeo is thought by many scholars to have influenced the Indians' creative efforts, a rough translation is "the monkey who changes things."

hehehe, ur something else fm!

so this morning i installed the 7" headlight that santa left under the tree and before heading out to the local watering hole, i finished detailing the beast that started a little after lunch. he hadnt seen a rag since biketoberfest and boy did he need it. the salt air and bugs had started leaving their marks...ugh. gonna have to start stop putting the (bi)weekly cleaning off. that'll be a good new year's resolution.

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

Took the seats and grab bar off of my bike today, boxed them up and tried to ship them to Sean but the damn UPS store closed early :bang head: Tomorrow I'm pulling the rear tire and swingarm and gas tank off, not real happy with the finish on them from last year so I'm gonna blast the swingarm and repaint it with a better quality paint. Thought about getting it powder coated but I want it to match the differential so I'll probably just use the silver wheel paint on the swingarm and differential because that's some pretty tough stuff. Gotta do the vinegar trick or electrolysis to my tank cause I'm getting some decent rust residue in the carbs. Ordered a progressive nitrous controller today and taking the body panels to my paint guy tomorrow.. Hoping to have the thing back up and running by the end of Feb and at the rate I'm going that shouldn't be a problem :punk:

I fixed a slight over heating issue that developed during a 200km ride
attachment.php

Turned out to be a faulty ground connection on the back of the dial :eusa_dance:

Attachments

• IMAG1102.jpg
    IMAG1102.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 57
After being a Vmax owner for just only a month I did the first maintenance job for the bike today and it felt good.

I replaced the motor- and final gear oils, changed the oil filter and spark plugs and polished the engine a bit. Then I drained the carbs and I'm letting it rest until season starts in about three months or so.

After being a Vmax owner for just only a month I did the first maintenance job for the bike today and it felt good.

I replaced the motor- and final gear oils, changed the oil filter and spark plugs and polished the engine a bit. Then I drained the carbs and I'm letting it rest until season starts in about three months or so.

I know that feeling well. :eusa_dance:

So yesterday, I replaced the halogen bulb that came with the 7-incher that I got for Christmas with a Xenon bulb. I elected for one of the 35W/6000K variety. Second to grips and mirrors, converting to the HID setup was one of the easiest mods to date. More than likely the extra room in the headlight simplified matters--plug and play, store and score..half an hour at most. For my R/R mod I had moved the V-Boost Sensor pack from the left scoop electrical panel into the engine bay just under the gauge housing to make room for the ZX-14 R/R. In order to make room for the HID ballast, I moved the the V-Boost Sensor pack and bolted it to the gauge cluster housing's right-most mounting screw and placed the ballast where the sensor pack used to be. In the following pic, you can see the ballast (identifiable by its mounting tab) looking out of place underneath the servo pack.
20130102_174259.jpg

I took the bike out right after sun dropped and let me tell you, the illumination is amazing. A couple times I thought I had my brights on and out of respect to the cages I tried to position myself off to the side of them at the traffic lights. Road signs were being lit up from a hundreds of feet away.

Me sooooo happy.

My hope that this mod would reduce the number of "blind cagers" was for not, though. On my way home at the last intersection, I was turning left off of a major road into a neighborhood street and a van on the neighborhood street wanting to turn left onto the major road started into my right-of-way. I was a little suspicious of the white van (hehehe) as I peered into its windshield and saw that the driver had only looked left and, as with all the poorly schooled drivers that seem to be in rush to go nowhere, was gonna check his 3 while pulling into traffic. Luckily, my Dual Friamms and Hellas checked him good and he jerked the van to an abrupt stop. A simple angry gesture from me directing him to use both eyes, punctuated with my middle finger, produced an apology. But as I drove passed his side of the windshield, I could see that he was slowly lowering his phone. I stopped at his driver-side window (luckily there wasn't any traffic behind me) and unleashed a verbal attack as he proceeded to pull away. Fucking jerk.

This brought back memories of the incident that actually inspired the Xenon mod. On my way home from work, I had sped off from a green light and just a few hundred feet ahead of me a BMW was wanting to pull onto the road from a parking lot. The sun had already set and I positioned myself in such a way that I hoped my headlight was visible. The behavior of the cage didn't seem favorable so I eased up on the throttle and got ready to brake. Sure enough, the fucker pulls in front of me with only maybe 20 feet separating us. The effer didn't speed up in an attempt to respect the flow of traffic. Nope the yuppy simply didn't see me. Not even blaring my horn as I pulled beside him so that I could give him a piece of my mind caused him to store his smartphone. Motherfucker. I recalled a thread where someone had talked about carrying around BBs for protection. Man sure did wish I had a sack of those then. I'dve hurled them at his windshield in hopes of getting his eyes back on the road.

Back