What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assume it may be similar in the middle of FL as it is here. Any dialogue you try to initiate may result in an enraged driver charging you w/either his vehicle or on-foot. Sometimes they may even think it's appropriate to display that for-which they need a CCW.

I sometimes find me talking to myself about the inattentive drivers but from my experience it's better to pay-attention as you did & save yourself, and get on your way. FL is the only place in the country where drivers think it's OK to assault another driver even when they are in the wrong. I know what Dave (SpecOps13) would say, but for me avoidance is what I try to do.

I'm glad you took that extra time to avoid the accident. Ride safely in '13!:clapping:

Not today but Monday.

Rode it in the rain to the pharmacy cause my wife was home and my trucks in Ca. Got it wet and dirty and left it that way. It rained almost every day while home for Christmas.

Riding in the rain still put me in a good mood inspire of wet/cold.

All that aluminum is gonna suck to clean up in March when I go home.

Maybe I can talk my wife in to doing it?

Not.

Not today but Monday.

Rode it in the rain to the pharmacy cause my wife was home and my trucks in Ca. Got it wet and dirty and left it that way. It rained almost every day while home for Christmas.

Riding in the rain still put me in a good mood inspire of wet/cold.

All that aluminum is gonna suck to clean up in March when I go home.

Maybe I can talk my wife in to doing it?

Not.

Do you use S100? That stuff works great! It's well-worth the price. You could also buy a big container of WD-40 & spray it all-down, not bothering to wipe it off, & just wait until you get home, finally, to do it. That should remove nearly-all of the crud you have on the bike.

I went out to have a look at my hibernating VMax - wintering in a storage area in the rear of our house. It's still there. Only about 70 days till spring!!

damn 70 days? don't know how I'd survive. lol. if it werent dreary today because of an entering cold front, i think i would have gone out for a spin. instead, i bolted on the shortened kickstand that the Cap had made for me and adressesed the rust that i found on the passenger peg mount when I removed my R/R.

before (after the first wirebrushing)
uploadfromtaptalk1357342910099.jpg

after (rust converter still drying)
uploadfromtaptalk1357342934898.jpg

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

I removed the sissy bar/backrest and custom seat in favor of the OEM grab bar and seat, already sold the backrest so I can't go back, {the wife wont ride unless she can drive and I'm not riding on back} the stock seat sits a little higher than the custom that was on it, made my knees sit higher than the scoops, I hated that, stocker cured that.
IMG_2331_zpscc0af876.jpg

Pulled the headlight and turn signals off to clean everything up. Found the lower headlight mount bolt was missing the nut.

Disassembled the speedo, going to sand and paint the outer housing. Maybe put a new color plastic cover on the internal light bulbs.

Installed the knee guards...

IMG_20130105_173235.jpg

Peeled the black plasti-dip off the scoop, looks better this way with the aluminum knee guards I think.

IMG_20130105_174821.jpg

Drained all the fluids. After supper tonight, I'll install the clear covers and take a few pictures.
Then it's time to remove all the body bits again, and prep them for a new paint job.
Dad and I were looking at the bike and he made a couple of really good suggestions. So it looks like the satin and gloss scheme won't see any summertime weather.

Cleaning up my garage, and getting ready to put on the clear covers, when my dad made another suggestion for paint.
I got sidetracked and put a nice shiny silver base on the lid of one of my toolboxes. Then I hit it with several coats of candy red with a little bit of purple in it. Walking around it, it changes colors from dark blood red to a lighter candy apple. So what was once gloss black, will be silver and what was once satin black, will be the red. The frame braces, radiator cover (spider web will be silver), headlight cases, and pumpkin will also get the red color.

newvmaxcolor.jpg

Good thing about painting a Vmax is there isn't a lot to paint. Not having to deal with a fuel tank is nice.

Candy Red , yum. Always liked that color.......... and BLUE ! Good choice KJ , looking forward to that paint job.

Latest posts

Back