What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, the latest convert to "blow, don't suck!":biglaugh:

The clutch bleed will be much quicker for you w/this method.

I use a Mityvac for the brakes but a syringe for the clutch. As long as you get that little 'fountain' of fluid from the hole in the bottom of the master cyl when you pull the lever (cover the paint!) things should be good. ANother sign you're approaching bleeding nirvana is 'tiny little bubbles' from the forward reservoir hole as you are pushing fluid. :eusa_dance:

Install new front fork oil, rebuild front and rear brake calipers, install the front brake lines I made,

Now the freaken front brakes bleeding was taking to long, man I had a time getting them to bleed properly.

So I starting looking around the house for stuff that could help make brake bleeding faster. My wife had 2 flavor injector in the kitchen draw. I use 1 and remove the needle and stuff 5/16" hose in it. I put a little brake fluid in the master cylinder. I filled up the syringe with brake fluid install the hose on the bleed screw pump the syringe real easy hit the hose a few times so the air bobbles would back up to the syringe. I open the bleeder screw just a little and slowly push the brake fluid through the brake lines back up to the master cylinder. I pump the brake lever. Man the brake level was strong I could only pull it half way to the bar and I was really trying hard.

I did the rear brake bleeding to it went easy to.

The front brakes man it took 13mins to do.

Not really what I did to my Max but for my Max.

My Father in Law put together my metal storage building in a box.:clapping:
Now I owe him a nice dinner.

When I got home I pulled the cover off of the Max and put it in the storage building. Now I have somewhere I can pull it apart and get it road ready.:punk:

Installed Progressive fork springs with 1" lowering kit, EBC HH brake pads on front brakes, new mid-cut Muscle Seat from Sean.

P.S. Sean Morley gave me lightening fast shipping, found me an extra fork cap for cheap, and was great to work with. I haven't had a chance to put any miles on the seat yet, but it sure feels more comfy.

Installed Progressive fork springs with 1" lowering kit, EBC HH brake pads on front brakes, new mid-cut Muscle Seat from Sean.

P.S. Sean Morley gave me lightening fast shipping, found me an extra fork cap for cheap, and was great to work with. I haven't had a chance to put any miles on the seat yet, but it sure feels more comfy.
How long was turnaround for the seat? And any pics?

Ah, the latest convert to "blow, don't suck!":biglaugh:

The clutch bleed will be much quicker for you w/this method.

I use a Mityvac for the brakes but a syringe for the clutch. As long as you get that little 'fountain' of fluid from the hole in the bottom of the master cyl when you pull the lever (cover the paint!) things should be good. ANother sign you're approaching bleeding nirvana is 'tiny little bubbles' from the forward reservoir hole as you are pushing fluid. :eusa_dance:

Fire-medic, man this went easy for the front and rear brake and the clutch. I wish did this before on my other bikes in the past. Even tried it on my car to it works.

Man my wife was piss really mad that I used her flavor injectors to work on the bike. So I had to run out and buy her 4 mind you she only had 2.

I rebuild my vmax front gsxr and rear calipers. And I change over to Dot 5 brake fluid. I no some guy's don't recommend it. I did a lot of reading online about it and talk to the manager of the HD dealer then i found out at the Navy Yard Dot is used in some of there equipment.

Man the brakes only go have way to handle bar now. Very strong and the rear
brake work the same.

Attachments

• P1040160.JPG
    P1040160.JPG
    478.5 KB · Views: 33
How long was turnaround for the seat? And any pics?
Hmm, maybe it was 3 weeks for the seat turnaround. However, to match the OEM fabric (and because mine was in really good shape), I requested that the original OEM fabric from my seat core be used instead of new, off the shelf material.

You can see the scooped out part of the seat in the pic. The original seat had a nearly flat on top profile.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/album.php?albumid=1080&pictureid=8858&commentid=598#picturecomment598

http://www.vmaxforum.net/album.php?albumid=1080&pictureid=8859

Hmm, maybe it was 3 weeks for the seat turnaround. However, to match the OEM fabric (and because mine was in really good shape), I requested that the original OEM fabric from my seat core be used instead of new, off the shelf material.

You can see the scooped out part of the seat in the pic. The original seat had a nearly flat on top profile.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/album.php?albumid=1080&pictureid=8858&commentid=598#picturecomment598

http://www.vmaxforum.net/album.php?albumid=1080&pictureid=8859
looks good man, thanks

jagco1

2 extra injectors are a cheap price for properly working clutch and brakes. And a happy wife too. :biglaugh:

Yes you are sure right. happy wife means more money put towards the bike.

Changed the jets on my carbs, no more gas flying out of the cans. Idling smoother, no backfiring. To top it off, a break in the weather and a cool Michigan ride!

Sean

Well, I rode Lola for the very first time. Two remaining issues to solve - 1. I'm leaking oil out of the drive unit, and 2. although she was happy for the test ride, she's now down a cylinder unless I'm on the throttle. This dropped cylinder appeared while I was riding her in for a state inspection ... I turned her around. So I need to order a seal and open the carbs for a third clean out.

I can confirm that Kelly Ryan (vmx12s) named Lola VERY appropriately. I WILL be practicing my "holding on" skills.

Lola will have to wait till Monday for another shot at freedom. I take off in the morning for what I hope will be my last ride across Texas on the borrowed Softail. Going to honor fallen brothers in Seguin on Saturday and already committed Sunday to the Lady.

Edit: It's Sunday and I'm reading Vmax on her laptop instead of doing her Pool Boy chores ... Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zbuMYGNHB0

Last edited:
Man this is funny stuff. I'm working on the starter clutch. Wifie back kinda mad again. 3 strikes 1st trying to sneak the bike in her house out of the rain - I thought this is my house to, 2nd used her flavor injectors for brake bleeding, big 3rd pulling off the fly wheel cover for got to put a try under the bike oil kinda made I a mass. I tried to cover it up with trash bags. She happen to go out side and slip on the trash bag with the oil under it. So now no food and I have a date with Miss couch tonight.

But her bike is in my house. We been married for 6 years. She has a townhouse and I have a house in the country.

First attempt at wrapping, is annoying but much easier than painting :punk:

IMAG1844.jpg

IMAG1851.jpg

IMAG1848.jpg

Rode my new to me 2010 Max into the garage, then stared lovingly at it for about an hour :biglaugh: It'll be legal on Monday, and hopefully the weather will let me take it for a spin!!

Bled the clutch, cleaned some more of the engine, started the front brake upgrades and off topic (but just for a sec) got a different truck. Sorry to say it Sean but that extended swingarm is gonna have to wait til next winter, lol.

Back