what fuel is best?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR_NST

Reaction score
ill be racing the max next weekend and am just wondering about what fuel everyone runs for racing IF you buy the good stuff.

i used to blend C12 in my 11.5 to 1 c/r 67 impala ss ten/12 years ago when we prowled the streets here. it wasnt outrageous to buy at the time but it definitely let me have a bit more advance on my timing= MORE HP.

so doing some research tells me for a non modified c/r vmax, there is a vp fuel U4.4 thats supposedly able to net 4-6 dyno proven hp by just pouring it in. more if the jet sizes are bumped up.

its unleaded, oxygenated and is a good match for lower compression motors. i understand its tough on pumps and carbs and that you have to use it all.

THE QUESTION... does anyone have first hand experience with this fuel?

thanks for the feedback.

i do alot of redlight bandit action on the street, but first time on the track, for the bike anyway... the sticky is gonna be a learning curve but i just want to have some fun and get the best performance out of the bike.

other things ive in mind are front suspension straps.

peace,
evan...

Strapping the forks does help big time, as far as fuel goes I'd stick with 87 or 89 octane... I run 92 in mine because my heads are milled and if I'm gonna spray it I'll cut it 50/50 with 100 octane unleaded racing gas... I seriously doubt there are any HP gains with what kind of fuel your running though, save your dough for stuff that actually makes a difference ;)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Stock engine, 87 to 89 as mentioned. High Octane may actually slow your times. SkullDuggery needs 90 octane or higher, 90 with a booster or she runs like crap but that's higher compression.

The more weight you can shift to the front the better. It will make wheelies harder to do.. Much better for the track. Straps should be the ticket.

Higher octane is harder to burn ( hence its ability to resist knock , which is why there is higher octance ) you will always make more power with lower octance fuel that your motor can handle. Obviously if you are knocking on 87 , then stepping to 89 might be the answer and might show hp improvement. But if you are fine with 87, and run 115 then your probably going to go slower then you would with 87.

I ran dynos for a little while and learned quite a bit about race fuels and additives. I ran Viper motors and a few other pro stock motors etc. It was a good learning lesson.

Todd

Back