• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

What is a good price on a Gen. 2?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blacklightning

Reaction score
I am new to the forum, and been looking hard at the Gen 2 Vmax. I have owned quite a few bikes and currently have a kawi 1200 and a Suzuki M109R. I would like to consolidate and get 1 bike that will do it all for me. The new vmax seems to fit the bill. In my research, it seems that the 09-14 seems to hold their value pretty good. What is a good price range for a 09-10 with medium to low milage (3-8k miles)? Thanks for your help.

$10-13K though you will find people asking $15K for them. research the recall was done on the '09, check the VIN thru a local dealer. Even if it was done, many people will shy-away from them because of it, and that should depress prices for the '09.

I don't think I have seen any advertised below $10K. As the mileage climbs into the 30K area, the prices should drop accordingly, whatever the model year. A quick check in south FL shows $15K-$17K new, or of low miles.
http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/mcd/4538514534.html
http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/mcy/4482740191.html
http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/mcd/4520845257.html

If you are patient, and stay on top of the listings, you can get a great deal- I picked up my 2010 with 3800 miles for $11.5K 2 hrs after he listed it on Cycletrader. Just be ready to leap when you find the one that says "Take me home, Big boy" :biglaugh:

I have come across one similar to yours with around 6k miles. They are asking $12.5k. It has something called a UFO thunder exhaust and tuner on it. I am not a fan of how that 4 into 1 exhaust looks. I do like the dual carbon fiber exhaust that I have seen on some. If I can sell my M109, I will definately be getting a vmax. Just all about timing.

I am new to the forum, and been looking hard at the Gen 2 Vmax. I have owned quite a few bikes and currently have a kawi 1200 and a Suzuki M109R. I would like to consolidate and get 1 bike that will do it all for me. The new vmax seems to fit the bill. In my research, it seems that the 09-14 seems to hold their value pretty good. What is a good price range for a 09-10 with medium to low milage (3-8k miles)? Thanks for your help.

Welcome BlackLightning!

There will always be someone willing to buy the parts that you don't like. I'm sure we could find someone to swap exhausts or buy yours so you could pick up the one you want.

Danny boy stole that one !! I paid over 14 grand for mine 2300 miles with 6 grand worth of mods already done I've added more since and I can tell you that the monkey bites really hard for the gen 2 . I waited a year for the one I wanted so be ready to pounce and good luck finding your new ride !!

Haha....yes he did Steve-o! :biglaugh:

Last fall I picked up an '09 with 2800 mi. on the clock for $9300!

This is what she looked like the day I brought it home.
Dang! That is the type of deal that I need! With a deal like that, I wouldn't even have to wait on the finance managers approval. I could just buy it and hide it up a friends house until I think up a good story:biglaugh:.

Dang! That is the type of deal that I need! With a deal like that, I wouldn't even have to wait on the finance managers approval. I could just buy it and hide it up a friends house until I think up a good story:biglaugh:.

LOL... Done that on my 3rd vmax... :biglaugh: Im still thinking on the story...

Use the same tactics they use on us....."I couldn't turn it down Honey....IT WAS ON SALE"!

Then sweeten it up a bit with...."I'll be able to sell this next year and make enough money to get that mini-van you want!" :biglaugh:

Mini van ? I built my wife a shoe closet even trade !!!

Well....not really Jamie! If the mini van ever gets brought up it will coincide with a disastrous crash in Gen II values....."Shit Honey....I've tried everything I can think of to sell this bike.....can't even GIVE it away.....might as well keep the old bastard now!"

Followed closely by....."I'm really sad about this, you know I wanted the mini van as bad as you did....I'm sure the value on the bike will come back soon, I'll keep a close eye on it."

I am really getting stoked about possibly getting a 2nd gen. vmax. I think the wife should be happy. I am looking to get rid of 2 bikes and just have 1, for a while:biglaugh:. Anyone looking for a good 2-1 trade:confused2:

Attachments

• thumb_1402612842CP_N5199.jpg
    thumb_1402612842CP_N5199.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 35
  • dragonphoto3.jpg
    dragonphoto3.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 33
Well....not really Jamie! If the mini van ever gets brought up it will coincide with a disastrous crash in Gen II values....."Shit Honey....I've tried everything I can think of to sell this bike.....can't even GIVE it away.....might as well keep the old bastard now!"

Followed closely by....."I'm really sad about this, you know I wanted the mini van as bad as you did....I'm sure the value on the bike will come back soon, I'll keep a close eye on it."

:rofl_200:

Back