what makes this vmax rare????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As everyone should be aware that 97's are the fasted production year I won't open that can of worms. Otherwise that guy is smoking some really good stuff!!! "Black ram air" ya know:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Only 15 of these on the national registry on the dmv???? What a bullshitter....love to see a copy of this document!!

Prolly got a brother in Ohio.....goes by the name of SCREWBALL-190!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Got no problem with a good bullshitter, they're entertaining....this clown........he's just insulting! :looser:

As everyone should be aware that 97's are the fasted production year I won't open that can of worms. Otherwise that guy is smoking some really good stuff!!! "Black ram air" ya know:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

'99....it's the '99 that's the fast one Jim!! :rofl_200:

Quasimoto is going to make your quasi-ram air? Sweet! I always liked the Vmax in a hunched over, ready to pounch stance!:punk:

:biglaugh:

What makes it so rare is the fact that it is one of 15 left that have NEVER BEEN MODIFIED!! All Stock All The time . Now maybe this guy is a living legend in his own mind that is why the DMV has a registry on his bike . I tell you he must be sharp as a bowling ball .

Wow!.......Didn't realise the 97s were so rare!..............Got the unpainted wheels on mine, that must make it 1 of 1..................:biglaugh:

Wow!.......Didn't realise the 97s were so rare!..............Got the unpainted wheels on mine, that must make it 1 of 1..................:biglaugh:

Come to think of it Toxic had the "silver ram air" vs "black ram air" which could have made it VERY rare indeed!!! Damn Mod Monkey made me change to aftermarket, blasted Monkey!!:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Soooo.... you know I had to email this ass clown and ask him about his ad. I first asked him what his comment about the 15 bikes on the national DMV registry meant. To which he responded that there were only 15 - 1997 "limited edition" Vmax bikes tagged with the DMV.
I then asked what made it a limited edition as I was not aware of the Vmax having different trim levels. His response was this:

"They made one hundred limited editions in 97 for the 100th year of yamaha producing engines, not motorcycles just engines in general. The limited edition is silver with black pipes and black ram air scoops and had a little more power. The factory vmax had 95 hp before 6000 rpm and 145 after. The limited has bigger cams and carbs. And had 112 hp to 165hp."

I can only imagine the responses that this is going to provoke!!!

Ram air blah blah blah. My 02 came stock with a limited edition reverberating translucent resonator! Brutally fast!!!!!

Actually guys... he has Yamaha certified documents that state it's a limited edition. Just looky here:

"Actually I did the research. That's how I found out. I traded for the bike and cash for a car I had. Knew nothing about it other than it was a 97 vmax. Then I started looking up vin numbers. Got ahold of yamaha got paperwork for authenticity. It's on the title also. And I have all the papers from yamaha. By the way the papers I have are certified by yamaha."

This coming from a guy that cant figure out how to take pictures without his shadow being right out front...or maybe I'm just being anal...:confused2:

1997, that was 14 years ago & we're just now hearing about these limited editions. BULLSHIT !!!

I thing that the only thing that its rare on his bike is its license plate (1 of 1). Im glad Yeti started by being on of these grey with black cans... Im a happier man from now on...

Holy crap if this one is rare what should i say about my bikes... LOL

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:I could say my 89 is rare, being the only Possessed, Demonized 89 made but I've found that there are many 89's like mine.....:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I've whipped the crap out of it on numerous occasions and it's not so bad anymore.....:ummm::confused2:

BTW, It now has Black Chrome Ram Air..

I don't think I've ever paid any tax to the "national registry". I might be in trouble.

WOW! someone must have pulled the wool of over this guys eyes. I am thinking who ever had it before, told him this line of BS. Yet he was gullible enough to believe the line of crap. Poor retard .....

G

Back