what shocks to get

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overzat

Reaction score
i have the front forks lowered 1.5 inch what size shock should i go with? is 11.5 to low?

I love the 11.5's and sell far more of that size then any other. I have one set of 430's on hand that would be a little off the normal price (I am still cheaper then most others anyway). 440's are the best shocks but a bit more expensive. 412's are the least expensive and very popular too.

Sean

i have the front forks lowered 1.5 inch what size shock should i go with? is 11.5 to low?

The 11.5's would give you an even drop in front and back then. I was thinking of doing 2" front with the 11.5's rear giving a front drop of an extra .5" which will give a better turning response when done. Dont forget with that much lowering you will have to shorten your kickstand to compensate for the drop.

I really enjoyed the look and the ride height of the 11.5s, but they are fir shit with a heavier rider or rider + passenger. I'd send you the 412s I just took off, but I'm pretty sure they're done after a year of me beating them to death. Sean usually has good stuff laying around.

I really enjoyed the look and the ride height of the 11.5s, but they are fir shit with a heavier rider or rider + passenger. I'd send you the 412s I just took off, but I'm pretty sure they're done after a year of me beating them to death. Sean usually has good stuff laying around.

Thats correct, if your riding solo, then 11.5's are fine, but if you ride with a passenger, I'd stay with minimal 12.5's or stock 13's. Many have stated that the 11.5's will bottom out with a passenger!

Thats correct, if your riding solo, then 11.5's are fine, but if you ride with a passenger, I'd stay with minimal 12.5's or stock 13's. Many have stated that the 11.5's will bottom out with a passenger!

i would agree. i haven't bottomed out yet but feel like its close. i run the 11.5 412s in the mid setting. i weigh about 220 but the girl only ways about 105-110 so she doesn't add too much.

if you go with 11.5s consider a shortened side stand. I was uncomfortable with my bike on level surfaces with the side stand. (I had no center stand due to the kerker.)

Back