What's a good price / Ontario

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
I see that, for the most parts, from 85 all the way to 07 - the Vmax seems to be worth a bit. Starting at 5k.

Can people with more bike experience let me know what's a good price for a stock bike? Doesn't really matter what year - but in good shape.
________
vaporizer review

Last edited:
Hey ghost,....any max from 99 and up should have all the updates and kinks looked after. I see alot of good bikes in Quebec for sale at low prices ,.. Autotrader.com.
But buying locally , at least you can see the bike.

There is an 02, basically stock, at a Yamaha dealer in Hensell that has 42k km and I believe that they are wanting $5,400 or thereabouts. Seems to be on par for prices here in Ontario.

I have a 2000 for sale with 13xxx miles on it.......I would not let it go for much less than $5000.00......I would just keep it......

You should be able to get a nice one for that money.....

Post pics when you get one:punk:

*sigh*

I thought the title of the tread would avoid this issue :p

Sounds like a nice bike though - although I am not interested in dealing with the border stuff and transportation issues.
________
BMW model designations history

Last edited:
Buying a used bike and bringing it across the border is fairly painless. It will be the difference in the dollar right now that is the painful part.

Buying a used bike and bringing it across the border is fairly painless. It will be the difference in the dollar right now that is the painful part.

buster, at the end of the deal, is it typically more expensive to buy the bike in the US or in CA? I'm talking about just the purchase price not all the BS associated with it...

like are CA bikes priced higher than a US equivalent b/c of the rarity?

There's an 06 list on Kijiji Sudbury with approx 11,000 kilometers for $8500 - bone stock - average price for the year.

Mike

I just had a bike shipped from Maryland to Kansas and it ran me $525. Not too bad for 1600+ miles. It was picked up by them at the cust house, drooped off at my shop. No crating or packing was needed. They insured it for $15000 as well. I was surprised. I've still got my 05 ($6500) and I have a customer wanting to sell his 85 ($2500). If there was an address on the U.S. side we could ship to that would be a one idea. I don't know what's involved with getting it licensed for you but it sounds like Buster knows.

There still has to be a few in your area though it may be harder to find them. Of course those prices are U.S. so not sure what the conversion would be.

Typically the cheapest you get is about $2000 for a really rough vmax needing some help. Average is $3500-$5000 depending on condition and year. The newer years will bring more.

Sean

Yeah. Thanks for all this input.

I think I found my future max today. Good god it was nice.

1998. Silver. Low Km's. It LOOKS like it has the UFO slash-cut / quadzilla (not sure which it would be - as it has twin slash cuts on both sides.

I could not detect any signs of a collision.

His wife was showing me the bike today - so no start up / drive by or anything.

I go see the owner tomorrow - and if all is good - then I just may sign on that dotted line.
________
vaporizers

Last edited:
Sounds like it more likely is the corba's but it will be easy to see if the front pipes are chrome and the rear pipes have the heat shield still.

Sean

buster, at the end of the deal, is it typically more expensive to buy the bike in the US or in CA? I'm talking about just the purchase price not all the BS associated with it...

like are CA bikes priced higher than a US equivalent b/c of the rarity?

From new, bikes cost a lot less in the States than here in Canada. When our dollar was on par with the US dollar last year, I knew lots of people going to the US to buy new bikes.

side note: When our dollar was worth 1.10 (glorious!) I was in the states - and walked onto a GM lot. The Pontiac G6 GXP was selling for 24 500 dollars. Fully loaded. You got 2k off before negotiations - just for walking on the lot (whatever promotion that was) -
so 22500 BEFORE any negotiations. (don't for get that the dollar was 1.10 - which equals a 10% further reduction)

The same vehicle in Canada was around 44-45k before taxes at the time.

The dealer also told me he'd LOVE to take my money, and all my Canadian friends money - except they would take his dealership licence away.

Look where THAT got them. Gouging Canadians until the greedy end.
________
Ford Anglia history

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back