Wish me luck...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't get it to shift into 5'th on the air shifter so I was on the limiter 200' before the lights in 4'th so when I get the shifter squared away the mph will go up a bit yet..

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Couldn't get it to shift into 5'th on the air shifter so I was on the limiter 200' before the lights in 4'th so when I get the shifter squared away the mph will go up a bit yet..

So juiced from 2nd gear on and you are getting into 5th before the end of 1320?

What size ( height ) tire do you have ? I am curious because I am only turning around 9200 rpm in 4th gear after I cross the second set of cones. I shift around 10,200-400 ish range. Trying to shift closer to 10,000 next outing.

I am roughly figuring my tire diameter around 25.75 inches.

Todd

So juiced from 2nd gear on and you are getting into 5th before the end of 1320?

What size ( height ) tire do you have ? I am curious because I am only turning around 9200 rpm in 4th gear after I cross the second set of cones. I shift around 10,200-400 ish range. Trying to shift closer to 10,000 next outing.

I am roughly figuring my tire diameter around 25.75 inches.

Todd

First off your tach is probably wrong LOL I shift at 9300 and that's about the best I've found so far... The tire is a 200/50-18 Shinko Verge and its basically the same size as your Shinko tourmaster (I think mine is like 1/8" taller) but I'm on my limiter at 10,000rpm roughly 200' before the line, basically I crossed at 131mph in 4'th gear LOL I'm pretty sure I got the shifter fixed now so I'll be able to grab 5'th and if I had to guess probably go through at 135 or so... These bikes are so restricted on the intake side I think that's why the juice helps so much because you have all the intake charge you need in that bottle... I compare it to my friends Dodge Dakota, it went 14.8's on motor but it went 12.5's on spray because it was a really inefficient motor that was severely under intaked if that makes sense... Anyway you slice it, I'm hopelessly addicted to the spray now... LOL

I am far from 5th gear on mine. I shift around 10,200 so my rpm drops to a better range from gear drop. I am going to experiment more with different shift times when I get a better tach. I ll calibrate my tach this week also and see where it sits.

Todd

I am far from 5th gear on mine. I shift around 10,200 so my rpm drops to a better range from gear drop. I am going to experiment more with different shift times when I get a better tach. I ll calibrate my tach this week also and see where it sits.

Todd

Thought you had a stock tach? My stock tach was off by quite a bit up there, at 9300 mine is starting to run outta steam but I'm over revving it to be in the torque better for the next gear... I was shifting at 9000 and I bumped it to 9200 and went faster and then 9300 but no difference from there so I'll probably go back to 9200..... On the juice you gather so much more speed during the 1/4 that you need that 5'th gear, eventually when I go through the engine I'll have Sean undercut the tranny but I'm not gonna go with the overdriven 5'th gear because I'll need it in the 1/4 and I really don't mind the stock gearing :)

Back