You Guys Still Have your 1st Gen

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregoryuw

Reaction score
Hey guys ,
Found my self riding the 2nd gen a lot more this year ... Latest and greatest seems like I road the 2nd gen every where and feel a bit guilty .
My 1st gen is a 07 and awesome machine but did not get much seat time on that machine .
Did you guys hang on to your 1st gen after buying the 2nd Gen .

Hey guys ,
Found my self riding the 2nd gen a lot more this year ... Latest and greatest seems like I road the 2nd gen every where and feel a bit guilty .
My 1st gen is a 07 and awesome machine but did not get much seat time on that machine .
Did you guys hang on to your 1st gen after buying the 2nd Gen .

Sold mine soon after getting my Gen 2. I LOVED that bike, but never had the desire to ride it once I had the Gen 2 in my garage.

I'm glad I did, it ended up with someone who loves it as well, and has gotten WAY more out of it (drag racing championships) than I ever did, or would.

Edit: I think if my Gen 1 would have been my very first Vmax and especially if I had bought it new, then I would have kept it just for nostalgic reasons. But it was my 3rd and as much as I loved it, from a pure riding experience point of view the Gen 2 does everything so much better, I knew it wouldn't get ridden.

I also had an 07 that was super nice. Had intentions of keeping her.... Sold her after about 3 weeks of sitting.....
The Gen II is a home wrecker! :)

Yeah my 07 has been sitting , I'm at the crossroads of keeping or selling . I also bought a F6B over the summer so riding the 07 vmax is like once a month .

Sure did keep it....an '86 PCW 1260 with all kinds of goodies and shiny shit....ride it and the GenII about equally. :punk:

In all fairness tho, my riding habits are probly different from most of you guys....comprising mainly of little hops to town to run errands followed by a 50 - 75 mile cruise on the local roads. If I still rode like I used to, 8K - 10K a summer, then more than likely my GenI would sit a lot too.

Yeah my 07 has been sitting , I'm at the crossroads of keeping or selling . I also bought a F6B over the summer so riding the 07 vmax is like once a month .

Kept mine and bought another . BUT I kept the first one because that's the MAXGASSER bike , the bike I used to design the seat , who knows what that will be worth someday:rofl_200:. Then 88 I bought because my wife hates the gen II but can handle the gen I with one of my seats on it.

On a side note ,
I have a one off seat from mustang for your F6B

Attachments

• photo (177).jpg
    photo (177).jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 42
Still have my 85 I bought new,still love riding it. But my 09 is awesome!

Ditto.

My 85 is now used mainly to/from work daily (weather permitting). And I still manage to squeeze in quality Rune time.......nearly 2K miles to Hiawassee, GA and back this last weekend for the 10th annual largest gathering of Runes. :eusa_dance:

Ditto.

My 85 is now used mainly to/from work daily (weather permitting). And I still manage to squeeze in quality Rune time.......nearly 2K miles to Hiawassee, GA and back this last weekend for the 10th annual largest gathering of Runes. :eusa_dance:

Lol...but lets face it Jim...one reason to keep your 85 is because its a celebrity...i even have a pic of it on a couple of T-shirts

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

I rode a very nice 04 yesterday after about 3 years of not sitting on one...
It felt very small to me...

I make a conscious effort to split my ride time back and forth to work between my 85, and 10. Weekends, its usually the 2010 that gets the loving. And I agree, the 85 feels like a scooter after riding the Gen2.

To change the subject a tiny bit - there are a few 85's mentioned in this thread.. My '85 just hit 129,000 miles on the way home from work today. Back in 1985, the bike broke the speedometer cable, and it took a couple weeks to get one. I was really piling on the miles back then, so (assuming the odometer is at least somewhat accurate) I figure the machine has travelled a bit over 130,000..

I sold my '04 after test riding a Gen 2 and then went on to buy a '10 the following year. Looking back, if I had kept the '04, I would have begun converting it into a non street legal drag bike, while riding the '10 on the street.

Latest posts

Back