What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
according to the serial numbers. it's a Califórnia version. no light switch and blinkers permanently on. Is there a specific part I can remove to reach any connectors regarding this?
after i find the diagram to see which wires colours.

Received my new CHROME SCOOPS today from Morley's Muscle! I feel like a kid at Christmas. :eusa_dance:

My scoops are polished, but there were some irritating burn discolorations in them that will not go away. So I worked a little overtime and ordered the chrome ones from Sean. I'm very happy.

according to the serial numbers. it's a Califórnia version. no light switch and blinkers permanently on. Is there a specific part I can remove to reach any connectors regarding this?

Did you check the headlight fuse?
And do the front running lights work? They are on the same circuit as the gauge lights and the taillight. If none of these lamps are working, check the three-wire ignition switch connector(white, just below the steering head) These are known bad actors, prone to failure from corrosion or melting.
If not this connector, it could be the ignition switch itself, not making contact with the blue wire to supply power to the above circuit. If you suspect this, use jumper wires to connect all three wires on the loom side (red -direct from battery, brown - feed to fuse box, blue - light circuit)
if this restores power, clean the ignition switch.
Cheers!

After you start it did you check to make sure the button was all the way out ?

Dave

Received my new CHROME SCOOPS today from Morley's Muscle! I feel like a kid at Christmas. :eusa_dance:

My scoops are polished, but there were some irritating burn discolorations in them that will not go away. So I worked a little overtime and ordered the chrome ones from Sean. I'm very happy.

They look great!

fixed the light problem. no big stress after all. The 15 amp fuse jumped out because the lid doesn't close very well.
Thank you guys for the support.
finaly had the time avaliable during daylight to take a look at it. That's why I didn't check it before.
since the bike has been giving me a good list of problems was afraid this was worst to solve.

Just finished putting in a "D" clutch. I replaced the half disk with a full disk and installed nice and clean steels thanks to Mr. Morley! The best part was having my 9 yr old son wrench with me.

A good Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today, I cruised around for about 10-15 miles adjusting the damper levels on my new Progressive shocks to feel the differences. Think I have my comfort zone dialed in. Then it got a bath and waxing. Not too many riding days left...

Are you gonna take a short trip to the southern tier for the colors? The Finger Lakes should be getting their color shift about now.

Today, I cruised around for about 10-15 miles adjusting the damper levels on my new Progressive shocks to feel the differences. Think I have my comfort zone dialed in. Then it got a bath and waxing. Not too many riding days left...

Are you gonna take a short trip to the southern tier for the colors? The Finger Lakes should be getting their color shift about now.

Absolutely. Getting to be that time of the year. The bad thing is the deer are coming into rut and running like mad everywhere too. Enjoy the colors but watch out for brown fur!

I rode my Vmax to work today. Waiting on UPS to deliver my new windshield.:clapping::eusa_dance:Still waiting

I will install the carbs back on the bike in hope my carb issues are gone on both bikes.... noticed brass flakes in one of the fuel bowls. totally cleaned carbs and blew them out with air. Double checked dry float levels, polished the fuel bowl covers, throttle linkage, and brackets to get corrosion off them all. Almost every screw outside the carbs has been replaced with allen heads.. Oh and I put the Slash cut back on vs. my megaphone for the Beach Bash this weekend... Not sure who will want to ride behind or near me.... Jamie maybe... This has been a 2 week project, hopefully it paid off, or someone else is gonna mess with my carbs and tell me what I did wrong...

Carbs back on sync'd. Noticed a small arc on the left rear cylinder from the spark plug cap.. Guess I need to gets some new ones this winter and find my old set...

Last edited:
I finished my Frankencan mod grafting a stock can from a Gen2 FZ1 onto my 4-1 Hindle headers.
I gutted the cat that's in the can and removed the EXUP valve. Very deep rumble with a nice clean look. I know it's heavy, but so am I. That doesn't matter. It's only a little quieter than the Hindle, so I'll probably pick up another can and not remove the cat.
Here's what it looks/sounds like. The bass on the video isn't even close.

https://youtu.be/gGaO9UuNihA

Ya shoulda' winged it a few times to make it yell louder. Looks good hanging on there.

Finally got my max running! Got to ride it, but my airbox is trashed and I hate it. Need pods.

Attachments

• tmp_5699-IMG950174150349611.jpg
    tmp_5699-IMG950174150349611.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 17
  • tmp_5699-IMG9501771160795458.jpg
    tmp_5699-IMG9501771160795458.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 18
With PODS you will need to run air correctors in the carbs. The pods let in too much air.
They're easy enough to make, I'm not worried about that part, I just need to know what size pods and breather I need, and where to put the lines that screw to the top of the factory air box.

Back