Clear scoop inserts?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a buddy make me some new ones last year with the CNC. I had plexiglass mirrored ones that were showing some age. They didn't clean up to well any more.. I like my new ones.. Most people will not..lol

That's cool i like it....

Picked up a small sheet of plexiglass that should do the job nicely, once cut to shape and drilled.
Shopped around for some lighting ideas, think I found how I will do the running lights. Gonna use LED strips with a module I found in Dennis Kirk once that boosts power to the LEDs, making them brighter. For the turn signal circuits, I was thinking some small LED lights that may be white, but are EXTREMELY bright, and I can use some of that amber lens repair tape to give the proper color.

At $4 per sheet, that plexiglass is inexpensive enough so that I can even experiment with different ideas, in the event I decide I wish to try engraving a design into the inserts.

11082532_935929086440797_8280215156707637786_n.jpg

Here is one side. I ll try and finish the other side on Monday. Custom logos also available.
$35 plain no logo, shipped for a pair
$45 with Vmax logo, shipped for the pair.

These are designed off our original aluminum inserts I used to make, so they are 100% bolt on factory fit.

Its quitting time....

I had one heck of a time on mine getting the light to shine though enough to be noticeable. I was going through the stock slotted plastic though, so you might have better luck with the plexiglass. ^ Those look good Todd!!

11082532_935929086440797_8280215156707637786_n.jpg

Here is one side. I ll try and finish the other side on Monday. Custom logos also available.
$35 plain no logo, shipped for a pair
$45 with Vmax logo, shipped for the pair.

These are designed off our original aluminum inserts I used to make, so they are 100% bolt on factory fit.

Its quitting time....

If I have $$$ left over after I fix my bike (got stranded today), I'll grab a set from you

I bought some very fine black mesh wire desk organizers from Walmart, with this material i have used it before as a radiator guard, it wasnt difficult to cut out some pieces for my scoops, besides i have the Mosfet regulator mounted behind the left scoop, it needs air.
Bought a pair of exact same size led rectangular lights and installed them in the radiator shrouds where the reflectors were, they are always on but flash when the turn signals are used.

I bought some very fine black mesh wire desk organizers from Walmart, with this material i have used it before as a radiator guard, it wasnt difficult to cut out some pieces for my scoops, besides i have the Mosfet regulator mounted behind the left scoop, it needs air.
Bought a pair of exact same size led rectangular lights and installed them in the radiator shrouds where the reflectors were, they are always on but flash when the turn signals are used.

That sounds cool. Can you post a pic and a link to the leds you used?

How about make the scoop lights come on when the v-boost kick's in. You should be able to hook it to your servo i would think.

I did not install leds inside the scoop, no they are where the radiator reflectors were, i believe the European Vmax bikes are like that, except mine are also turn signals. The led lamp is exactly the same dimension, just a little thicker, has a clear lens and amber leds, has a hi and low but i only used the high, wire the positive to the running and the negative to to each left or right positive turn signal feed, lights are on all the time with key on, but because of its ground going to the turn signal they turn off when the turn flashes

A simple wiring, i do it to all my bikes, especially the Goldwings.
If i felt the need for more light i will mount lights on the forks probably.
Not much of any night in Alaska in the summer.

Anyone ever thought of maybe using to scoops to house some projector beam fog lights?

I thought the same thing when I first read this thread & saw Todd's clear inserts ( by the way Todd nice work ). I started searching for mini off road LED light bars, the ones they use on Jeeps. I found a few that might actually work with Todd's inserts with a little modifications.

Back