Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frustrating!! Trying to post a picture of it

Last edited:
Frustrating!! Trying to post a picture of it
Click on the "Go Advanced" Button.
Then scroll down and click on "Manage attachments" and upload the picture there.
Then click on Submit reply.

PS
Welcome to the forum TB99Max and Jogo75 ! :punk:

Hello everyone.....
Just picked up a 99 VMax 4 days ago! This is my first Vmax but my 4th street bike. I was actually looking to get a warrior but have always liked vmax's and am kind of partial to them because a long time friend of mines dad was one of the guys that designed it! His name is Ed Burke, I'm sure some of you are familiar with the name.
I already want to start changing things but promised my wife I wouldn't spend anymore money..... Don't think that's gonna last!
It is VERY tough to have a Vmax. ....and not modify it....lol...hide your wallet.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,
My name is Sean "Hoppy" Hopkins. I started riding in the Mojave Desert in 1963 at the age of 13 and have been riding ever since. I just picked up a 2006 V-Max with 13,400 miles on her. My previous bike was a 2005 Honda VTX1800C so a big difference between the way the two make their power. I wasn't watching the speedo or tach but I was surprised when the front end started getting light on me in third gear while just rolling the power on. I live in Sacramento, CA and am a member of the River City Chapter of the Southern Cruisers Riding Club (SCRC).
Looking forward to learning about my "new to me" bike and perhaps riding with some of you in the Sacramento area.

Hoppy

Attachments

• V-Max.jpg
    V-Max.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 2015-06-18 08.56.53.jpg
    2015-06-18 08.56.53.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 18
Welcome to the forum Hoppy. This is a great forum....and any questions that you have can be answered.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Hi yall! I'm Big O, just got my first 1993 vmax the other day. Been wanting one since my high school years now I'm 38. Lol. Can't believe I waited this long to get it. It's a different ride for sure but man it's fun. The vboost is pretty awesome. I got mind with a toggle switch in the left side. Down for on than auto than shut off. Pretty cool. Glad to be part of the vmax family now. Thanks for having me. :punk:

Pig SOOOIE RAZORBACKS!!!!

Hello gang,
so, I joined the forum about a month ago, currently I have not Vmax :tantrum: , but am in the market. My brother has two, (one going to my other brother) we went riding the other day and I realized that I needed to have one. Currently I have a 1984 Honda Magna 1100, which I love, but need to upgrade.

I have found one relatively close. http://yakima.craigslist.org/mcy/5035221040.html I hope this hyperlink works. Anyway, it's an 85, with 24,000 miles. I am waiting on a reply about how well it runs, and if it has any mods or is stock. It does look like it is in good shape, but I don't really know from the pictures.

My question is whether it is a good deal, 85 with 24k miles for $2500, or not so much? I have been planning on the mods I will be doing to it, new forks, brake upgrade, and I have read/heard great things about Morley's Muscle Kit and exhaust set up (so most likely will do those as well down the road).

Thanks for the info, and great to be here learning so much.
Parktoss

Last edited:
Welcome to all newbies! Hoppy, it sounds like you got a good one if you feel the front getting light in 3rd, tuned well I would imagine. Big O, I lived in Sherwood outside Little Rock back in the late 60's, go Razorbacks!

Matt

Greetings
Just joined the forum and looking forward to learning more about the VMax.i just bought 0 mile 2014 and absolutely love it. I have several other bikes in my collection and they are now very jealous. I restore old bikes as a hobby and I do sell some but I find it harder to sell them after putting in the many hours of work it takes to restore them. I'll post some pics one day soon. Anyway, just wanted to say hey!

Hi everyone ...

New member with a new to me 2010 with UFO exhaust and light kits...

Great info here, looking at drag bars but after all the info here I may go with a low rise superbike bar...

Attachments

• 2010Vmax.jpg
    2010Vmax.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 13
Hi Guys and Gals
Another new member here. In fact I have never been on a forum before. There is a first for everything.
Just bought a 2005 Vmax in excellent condition. I have only put 200 kilometers (ya I'm in Canada) on it and I have to say what a bike.
After years of driving a big cruiser I decided to scale it back a bit and get a smaller bike. It's kinda like going from a Caddy to a Mini Cooper but I love it.
Lots of questions to come. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about this bike.
This looks like the best place to get the answers.

Hi Guys and Gals
Another new member here. In fact I have never been on a forum before. There is a first for everything.
Just bought a 2005 Vmax in excellent condition. I have only put 200 kilometers (ya I'm in Canada) on it and I have to say what a bike.
After years of driving a big cruiser I decided to scale it back a bit and get a smaller bike. It's kinda like going from a Caddy to a Mini Cooper but I love it.
Lots of questions to come. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about this bike.
This looks like the best place to get the answers.

Welcome. This is a great forum, and great bunch of people. Any Vmax issue that you have.....someone here knows the answer.

Hi,

Bastian over here. I live in Forest Hills, NY. I just got a 1991 VMax last week. It's my first bike and it's the first bike I've ever ridden. I'm just having so much fun. I have put about 300 miles on it.

The bike is running great though I had to use some sea foam to get the carbs to idle. I plan on doing a full carb rebuild some time in the fall. Other than that the bike just needs new tires and a paint job. I will figure out along the way how I will do that myself since I don't have a garage (apartment living).

Anyway, just saying hi. I will pop in once in a while to ask for some help from you experienced folks.

Best,

Bastian :punk:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435900461.543742.jpg

I'm Paul Fryer from Tampa Florida. My new to me 2006!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys! Another V-Max virgin here. Ive been on sport bikes the last 10 years or so. Thought i was getting old enough for a cruiser so i left my 08 R6 for a 2003 Road Star Warrior. Great bike, but not for me. Always heard the legend of the V-Max so i figured id try one out. 2003 Hindle exhuast, custom paint, mag wheels and other goodies. So far its sport bike performance, without leaning on my wrists all day. Time will tell if i will end up on another R6 or R1...

Glad to be here, now im off to ask some noob questions!

Welcome to all the new guys. In case you haven't noticed, this place is full of nice people who are always ready to help.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Back