1/8th mile

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brake pads were shot when we were rushing to get it setup. So I stole the r1 front end I had on my other vmax. I will eventually be putting the other front back on it and making adapters to get the newer bigger brakes on it.

Sean

Yah,Shitty brakes suck!I already went through this with my max and drag bike.I'm converting the fazer right now.

What are some good bone stock times to expect int he 8th mile? Also, how many people are running down in the 6's and what do you have done.

A bone stock VMAX will should run high 7's low 8's.
VMAX with a header and tuned properly Mid 7's
VMAX with a header, tuned properly, and a Shinko tire should run low 7's.
MPH in the 1/8 is HP.
Stock 95MPH
Header Jetted 99-102 MPH depending on sea level and temp.
The best time I have ran was a 6.48 @ 113MPH Stock engine, Kerker 4-1 on NOS. :-D That is 1100 FT above sea level. @ Sea level would be around 6.20's @ 115-116:banana:

My bike with just a kerker pipe went 7.2's on a 1.77 60'. It was a solid 7.1 or high 7.0 run had i got my 60 a lil' quicker as ive got it to run back to back 1.70s before. I also got my finger stuck a lil' on the clutch so i couldn't release it as fast.

My bike with just a kerker pipe went 7.2's on a 1.77 60'. It was a solid 7.1 or high 7.0 run had i got my 60 a lil' quicker as ive got it to run back to back 1.70s before. I also got my finger stuck a lil' on the clutch so i couldn't release it as fast.

Thats a good running VMAX with a good rider. What sea level are you at and what was the current temp?
I am assuming you are power shifting (Shifting without the use of the clutch, blipping the throttle between shifts?
When I race my VMAX I apply pressure on the shifter and just barely blip the throttle and it shifts into the next gear with very little loss of time

Thats a good running VMAX with a good rider. What sea level are you at and what was the current temp?
I am assuming you are power shifting (Shifting without the use of the clutch, blipping the throttle between shifts?
When I race my VMAX I apply pressure on the shifter and just barely blip the throttle and it shifts into the next gear with very little loss of time

7.20 is very good! That's what my best run was my first time at a drag strip.6.99 Is my best to date.

Latest posts

Back