Anybody ever try out 100 octane?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2stangs69-91

Reaction score
I live right around the corner from a place that sells it. I also use it in my 91 mustang when I race it. I was thinking it would be a waste of money on my Vmax. Thanks Mike

Now remember kids, if you use fuel that is one point higher in octane than you might need, your motor will turn into a lump of charcoal at the next stoplight.

At our age, staying regular is very important.

I'm not saying the engine is hurt, but it is a waste of money. Also leaded fuel on injected engines is hard on fuel injectors.

I'm not saying the engine is hurt, but it is a waste of money. Also leaded fuel on injected engines is hard on fuel injectors.

Yeah, I gotcha. I was just being a smart ass. I remember buying fuel at the airport as a kid for the 427 I stuffed in my Blazer. Just 30-years ago, now.

it is 100 octane unleaded.. hey cop runner don't you have some law to go break:bang head: leave my thread alone...lol

Octane does not make power........

It reduces power by slowing down the burn rate on fuel and it's main job is to allow very high compression engines to run without detonating....

Highest horspower is made right on the ragged edge of detonation....

If your engine is pinging/detting then it could help you...not likely on a stock max motor...........

If your not pinging/detting already then running higher octane, and slowing down the combustion event will reduce your horsepower....

The other scenario is if you want to try to take advantage of putting in more timing advance (Read Dyna 3000) and want to try higher octane to allow that to be done.....

After getting my Dyna 3000 I ran 104 at the strip and played with it over many passes and could not find ANY timing curve that would efficiently work on the stock max compression ratio....

My bike runs the best on regular 87 and one timing curve advanced from stock......Although i haven't put full effort into exploring how 93 octane would act with different timing curves, too time consuming

My scooter is 9:1 compression. I can only run 58 MPH on 92 Octane fuel. and I run 62-63 on reg 87 oct

Latest posts

Back