Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Guys,

Im new member here, come from indonesia..Sorry for my bad english :)
I have vmax 1200 which is the one of my dream bike on my wishlist to buy..
Vmax is my 5th bike, and the awesome one, because hard to find great (cond) vmax in my country...

I hope i can get much information of my 5th bike here and can share my experience with his bike to all of you..

My pleasure to join with vmax'er here..

Best Regards,

Biker from Indonesia :)

New to the max and new to the forum. Bought the 95 full power max looking unloved, very grimy and for me, in the wrong colour. So rather than show the before pic, heres the after pic instead with respray complete and the bike looking decent. A Few changes visible, a fair few not. Wanted a max since they first came out back in the day. Avoided them solely as i was into my Ducatis and having a bike that was not known for good handling was never an option. This year saw a few major changes to my life and the idea that I had waited long enough to get myself a vmax finally made me bite the bullet. Loving the bike, the k&Ns let the induction side get on with things, while the delkevics give a decent exhaust note. Junked the emissions pipe that usually shows there are k&n filters on the bike and opted for an oil temp gauge in the engine case and a small k&n filter snugly nestling up top with the carb air filters to deal with crankcase breathing. Looks a lot nicer than a grimy bit of pipework running up the frame rail.

Engine cleaning and detailing, bolt replacements, lots of laquer removal (scoops were awful), even the front wheel needed masses of attention to show it was even aluminium. The stock rear tail light i have always hated on the vmax models, so with a bit of two mil stainless i rigged up a new light bracket and number plate mount along with a smaller and better fitting light, something that also allowed me to junk the steel undertray, also changed out the grab rail for one i had repainted (it originally came with a sissy bar, not my taste). Numerous little tweaks to paint, clear indicator lenses fitted, silver bulbs,I sanded the worn paint/lacquer off exhaust clamps and repolished edge faces as well.

With 17 inch rear wheel conversion, ohlins reworked forks and a set of billet big six calipers up front, its not that bad a handler, certainly better than the last max i rode some years back.

Anyway, thats my hello to all on the forum.

Attachments

• IMG_8281.jpg
    IMG_8281.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 26
Hello Guys,

Im new member here, come from indonesia..Sorry for my bad english :)
I have vmax 1200 which is the one of my dream bike on my wishlist to buy..
Vmax is my 5th bike, and the awesome one, because hard to find great (cond) vmax in my country...

I hope i can get much information of my 5th bike here and can share my experience with his bike to all of you..

My pleasure to join with vmax'er here..

Best Regards,

Biker from Indonesia :)

Welcom v4indo, nice find over there- looking forward to hearing about the bike- post some pictures of it when you can.

New to the max and new to the forum. Bought the 95 full power max looking unloved, very grimy and for me, in the wrong colour. So rather than show the before pic, heres the after pic instead with respray complete and the bike looking decent. A Few changes visible, a fair few not. Wanted a max since they first came out back in the day. Avoided them solely as i was into my Ducatis and having a bike that was not known for good handling was never an option. This year saw a few major changes to my life and the idea that I had waited long enough to get myself a vmax finally made me bite the bullet. Loving the bike, the k&Ns let the induction side get on with things, while the delkevics give a decent exhaust note. Junked the emissions pipe that usually shows there are k&n filters on the bike and opted for an oil temp gauge in the engine case and a small k&n filter snugly nestling up top with the carb air filters to deal with crankcase breathing. Looks a lot nicer than a grimy bit of pipework running up the frame rail.

Engine cleaning and detailing, bolt replacements, lots of laquer removal (scoops were awful), even the front wheel needed masses of attention to show it was even aluminium. The stock rear tail light i have always hated on the vmax models, so with a bit of two mil stainless i rigged up a new light bracket and number plate mount along with a smaller and better fitting light, something that also allowed me to junk the steel undertray, also changed out the grab rail for one i had repainted (it originally came with a sissy bar, not my taste). Numerous little tweaks to paint, clear indicator lenses fitted, silver bulbs,I sanded the worn paint/lacquer off exhaust clamps and repolished edge faces as well.

With 17 inch rear wheel conversion, ohlins reworked forks and a set of billet big six calipers up front, its not that bad a handler, certainly better than the last max i rode some years back.

Anyway, thats my hello to all on the forum.

Very nice job diablo, looks superclean- let me know if you still have that sissy bar and want to sell it, thanks.:clapping:
Did you get one with the vboost?

Very nice job diablo, looks superclean- let me know if you still have that sissy bar and want to sell it, thanks.:clapping:
Did you get one with the vboost?

Definite vboost, was something i wanted from the first day i saw them, after waiting so long to get a max it wouldnt have been right to get a non vboost model. The sissy bar, sorry mate, i would happily have donated when i first took it off until i decided i was taking the max to the 2016 tt. Although its a pain to take on and off, it will be ideal for strapping camping gear to for the ride there and swap it out to regular grab rail on arrival.

Thanks for the comment on the bike though, trying to achieve the best look i can for the old girl. Not necessarily mint, just well looked after.

Last edited:
Hey guys, this is my first time doing the forum thing, so if I'm a little slow on the uptake then I apologize. Just picked up my 89 vmonster and fell in love with it from the first test ride. Like they say, "you can't resist the twist". I'm looking to upgrade a few things in the intake and exhaust department so if somebody could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance, and keep the shiny side up.

Welcome howlin89, click on that morely muscle flashing sign on top or bottom of the main page and he will hook you up.:clapping:

Hi ya. New guy here. Just picked up a 01 Vmax with 16,000 kms on it.
Always loved the looks of the Vmax and knew one day I'd have one. After lots of overtime this year it was time. But with still being on a budget it meant looking for the best used one I could find. After looking at all the used ones for sale on Kijiji (in Ontario), I picked the one with the least kms. After not having a street bike for over 25 years, but still regularly riding dirt and occasionally racing cross country, it was still a bit intimitating. A 300cc two stroke it's not. LOL. Anyway....test rode it Fri., sent him an offer Sat, picked it up Sun, dropped it at the shop on Mon morning for a saftey, and joined this forum Mon aft.
There seems to be a wealth of info here, so now it's time to start learning about my new toy.
Al.

Last edited:
Always loved the looks of the Vmax and knew one day I'd have one. After lots of overtime this year it was time. But with still being on a budget it meant looking for the best used one I could find. After looking at all the used ones for sale on Kijiji (in Ontario), I picked the one with the least kms. After not having a street bike for over 25 years, but still regularly riding dirt and occasionally racing cross country, it was still a bit intimitating. A 300cc two stroke it's not. LOL. Anyway....test rode it Fri., sent him an offer Sat, picked it up Sun, dropped it at the shop on Mon morning for a saftey, and joined this forum Mon aft.
There seems to be a wealth of info here, so now it's time to start learning about my new toy.
Al.

http://s630.photobucket.com/user/dieselfool/media/Vmax_zpsoq7pyxiz.png.html

Welcome!
Looks like a nice ride.

Will be a VMax owner this Saturday. Got a handshake commitment on a 1985 project that is in primer and pieces for $750. I have burgundy lacquer and clear sitting in my basement that was intended for a 67 Mustang that I sold when our 3rd child was born. I'll be looking to this site often, and may post questions during the restoration. I have set a 6/1/16 deadline to get it back on the road

Will be a VMax owner this Saturday. Got a handshake commitment on a 1985 project that is in primer and pieces for $750. I have burgundy lacquer and clear sitting in my basement that was intended for a 67 Mustang that I sold when our 3rd child was born. I'll be looking to this site often, and may post questions during the restoration. I have set a 6/1/16 deadline to get it back on the road

Welcome 98BlackStrat, Good luck with the deadline- burgundy should look real nice.
I take it your a guitar player?:band:

Al.

Welcome Dieselfool, that is one clean bike for 14 years old.

Al.

Looks awesome! Congrats!

Back