Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys. Thought I'd finally introduce myself. Im an aircraft maintenance engineering apprentice (fancy way to say I fix planes) and and from Kelowna BC. I'm fairly new to riding (but bought a vmax...) and love the looks of the bike. I got an 88 with just under 80k km a few months ago. I've haven't done a lot of mods except a new air filter, oil change, coolant flush, bar end mirrors, cheapo grips from amazon and fixing a few electrical connections for rear lights. It's currently not riding weather yet (snowed a little yesterday) but can't wait for it to be. The only thing wrong with the bike so far without riding it yet is the headlight only goes to regular beam if I turn on the high beam switch, so no highbeam. Anyways I hope to get to know some of you guys and I love all the information that's on here.

Welcome! Nice to see more people from the NW (well SW in your case - I'm from Montana)... and good looking bike!

Hello all,

Years ago I bought an '85 VMAX. Loved it, rode it, modified it, and replaced tires often. Being young and had more money than I knew what to do with it all, I bought an R1. My pal who didn't have a bike borrowed the Max alot when we would go cruising. He said to me one day "You know you can ride them both at the same time, why dont you sell me your VMAX?" Well I said OK and that was that.

Rode the R1 until I started to lose respect for it and with a youngin' on the way I sold it too. I always regretted selling the VMAX.

My wife and I had our 10th wedding anniversary this past September and she surprised me with an '85 VMAX, not just any VMAX....MY VMAX!!! She tracked it down and shamed the owner into selling it!! I love that woman.

So here I am. I really never knew much about the workings of the VMAX and am trying to glean some more information from you fine folks. When things warm up here in the Great North i'll give her a spit shine and post some pics. I'm certain that I'll have questions along the way and I'll be leaning on you to help me along.

Hello all,

Years ago I bought an '85 VMAX. Loved it, rode it, modified it, and replaced tires often. Being young and had more money than I knew what to do with it all, I bought an R1. My pal who didn't have a bike borrowed the Max alot when we would go cruising. He said to me one day "You know you can ride them both at the same time, why dont you sell me your VMAX?" Well I said OK and that was that.

Rode the R1 until I started to lose respect for it and with a youngin' on the way I sold it too. I always regretted selling the VMAX.

My wife and I had our 10th wedding anniversary this past September and she surprised me with an '85 VMAX, not just any VMAX....MY VMAX!!! She tracked it down and shamed the owner into selling it!! I love that woman.

So here I am. I really never knew much about the workings of the VMAX and am trying to glean some more information from you fine folks. When things warm up here in the Great North i'll give her a spit shine and post some pics. I'm certain that I'll have questions along the way and I'll be leaning on you to help me along.

Every now and again we tell stories about keeper wives, I think you just shot up into the top 1%!

Congrats on getting your Vmax back and welcome.

Hey all, New to the site and just got my first V-Max, it's an 85. Wondering if there are any oregonians on board. Looking forward to talking shop in the future. Oh yeah and I'll apologize ahead of time if I post things in the wrong thread or room, I'm new to these forums in general.
Brad

Every now and again we tell stories about keeper wives, I think you just shot up into the top 1%!

Congrats on getting your Vmax back and welcome.

Without getting all soppy you bet I'm a lucky man. Great mother, hard worker, very intelligent, and my best friend are all things that describe her.

Thanks for welcoming me into the group.

Brad

New member!

Howdy to all!

Don't have my Vmax yet, it'll be here in a bout a week or so, buying a 2017.:punk:

Been riding on the street since I was 14, I'll be 56 this year, that's been a lot of miles!

Dirt bikes as a kid, Harley's after that, Kawasaki's, Honda's, Triumph's, and now heading towards the Max!

In the garage I have a 2006 Goldwing, a 2003 VTX 1800R, and of all things an '09 TMAX (almost a Vmax...right??). The TMAX belonged to my best friend who passed away on late 2015, his Wife gave me the title and keys and said he'd probably want me to have it..

I've been wanting a VMAX since about '86 when I lost to one while riding my 1985 900 Ninja.

Only been down once in all these years on the street, my own fault, too much moonshine combined with too much bike! Totaled that Ninja, tore myself up pretty badly, bought another just like it and kept going. Hit the pavement somewhere north of 130...like I said, my own fault.

I look forward to throwing a leg across the big Vmax.

Maybe look forward to riding with some of you. :wink2:

Hello Everyone, I just joined last week. I bought my first Vmax Saturday night. My oldest boy, a buddy and I drove just over 10hrs round trip arriving home at 0400hrs with her. The bike is an 06 with just under 13,000 miles. It has a Morley's seat and a few other small parts, but mainly stock. will post some PICS latter today. Dan

Welcome! You're gonna love that bike. This forum is a great place to meet other riders of the VMax persuasion. Any questions you could ever have about these bikes can be answered here. There are vendors and mechanics here that can get you any parts you might need, rebuild carbs, and give you great advice. Ask questions! You'll get answers, we are always willing to help another VMaxxer.

Hey everyone, I had a temporary bout of insanity and bought an 02 Vmax Cali model a couple days ago. Previous owner was a bike mechanic so it seems to be in excellent mechanical condition. Has the Kerker 4-to-1 exhaust, the low profile oem windscreen, LED lights and is jetted pretty heavily. This this really pulls hard even at low revs. It's my 5th bike but honestly scares me a little bit :) Paid $3500 so I figured it was a decent deal considering condition and 15,000 on the odometer. I'm really looking forward to riding it around some Tennessee back roads this spring! Any other Tennesseans on here?

Here's some pics for those who were interested... I also failed to mention that it has new tires as well. Only thing noticeable that is off is that the guy had a bag over the back fender, and it rubbed off some of the paint pretty good.

Attachments

• received_10210147840147522.jpg
    received_10210147840147522.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20170311_093547.jpg
    IMG_20170311_093547.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20170311_093606.jpg
    IMG_20170311_093606.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back