Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi my name is rich and I am ,as of 2 weeks ago,the proud owner of a 2015 v max.i paid 15,800 for a brand new cherry black beast! I discovered this site as a result of my search on how to lower the bike a bit. I got great info!! ty all!

Hey all - historically a 4-tire V8 guy but my neighbor bought a Cobra and just wanted his '85 vmax gone. It's been sitting the last 25-years, 10,400 miles. Cleaning-up nicely but haven't tried to start yet. Still making the transition from a car guy to a motorcycle guy, slowly.

Hey all - historically a 4-tire V8 guy but my neighbor bought a Cobra and just wanted his '85 vmax gone. It's been sitting the last 25-years, 10,400 miles. Cleaning-up nicely but haven't tried to start yet. Still making the transition from a car guy to a motorcycle guy, slowly.

Welcome!
Thats a long sit, I would give her a clean belly full of oil before starting. Was it stored with fuel in it?
It might not be a slow transition when the sun starts shining, tbey are addictive. Besides its good to be a car guy and a motorcycle guy. My DD has a 4.0 v8 and 4 tires but when there is no ice on the roads I'm a motorcycle guy for sure!:clapping:

Thx, been thru the pitfalls of starting a car sitting a long time. I'm going to clean an fog everything I can before I crank it over. Gas cap won't come off for right now. Previous owner and I had it off to look in the tank so I know it should. Oh well, slow and steady with this girl. Guess she's sort of "vintage" ha!

I love the 4 wheel thing too, but just gotta say, had my "new to me" 07' Max out last night, has Mike's Performance exhaust and a jet kit, and just gotta say......Wow, this thing is a rocket!!! So much fun it's not even funny!! Totally agree, when the sun's out, the 2 wheel thing is way cool!!! Oh yeah, welcome to the forum, one newby to another. Fantastic place for Max junkies!!

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

Hello everyone, I've been rising for the last 15 yrs. Had more bikes than i can remember but never owned a max. Until now! I have a black, 01/85 #0245 in pristine condition that I was given as a gift. I'm looking forward to riding the max and seeing what its all about! Im coming from a gsxr1100 air/oil cooled so it should be a dramatic change for me.

Welcome,

Thats quite a gift. In outright performance I wouldn't put money on it outrunning a liter sportbike but it's a whole different riding experience. You will have to let us know what you think when you get to take her out. Sometimes some simple tuning can make quite a difference. Does it have modifications?

As far as I have been able to find on the bike, its got a spin on filter setup off a later model, a k&n filter in the stock airbox, a t-boost, and 4-4 mufflers (probably cobra). 16k miles on the clock. Unknown jetting in the carbs but I'll have it apart in no time. My best friend who have it to me has a gixxer1k and said the max scared him so bad he rode it once and there it sat four years till I ended up with it. Said its just a brute. And he hates heavy bike's. Lol

Great bike, but I noticed that the oil level light comes on under hard acceleration. Oil level is exactly between the lines on the sight glass, so I don't think its low, but I don't know. Anybody else have this happen? I just got the bike this weekend and finally got to ride a bit today. What a beast!!!

That's normal. The oil rushes back to the rear of the crankcase on hard acceleration , and the oil level sensor thinks the oil level is low. Remember the oil light doesn't indicate low oil pressure, but low oil level. You're bike is doing what they all do when accelerated really hard.

Great bike, but I noticed that the oil level light comes on under hard acceleration. Oil level is exactly between the lines on the sight glass, so I don't think its low, but I don't know. Anybody else have this happen? I just got the bike this weekend and finally got to ride a bit today. What a beast!!!

The oil light coming on under hard a creation is normal. The oil level sensor is in the front of the oil pan...but the oil pickup in at the rear of the pan. So hard acceleration the old goes to the rear of the pan....and away from the level sensor. Think of it as a poor man's dyno. If the light comes on....then your making good power.

Also...welcome to the forum

Good deal, I was hoping it wasn't gonna turn into one of those Gremlins that caused the previous owner to bail. I read on a thread here somewhere about how these bikes literally make you smile while you ride and I'm here to say that it's absolutely true.

Good deal, I was hoping it wasn't gonna turn into one of those Gremlins that caused the previous owner to bail. I read on a thread here somewhere about how these bikes literally make you smile while you ride and I'm here to say that it's absolutely true.

WElcome to forum farmerspackman a Vmax only puts the smile on when she/he running right and will make you pull your hair chasing gremlins...Beware of the mod monkey also ! :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back