Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big Papa 08: Good Luck on the 89. Sure looks good if the pictures aren't a deception. I've seen that before. Pictures taken when bikes are in much cleaner shape. Buyer Beware.

CaptainKyle's gonna be doing some radical paint work very soon. Christine's / Kyle's 85 is going to get a serious make over. He'll be doing a customers bike in the next couple weeks. Kyle's done some work for me and it turned out very nice... I know he's been saving bodywork from all the Max's he's stripped lately and mentioned doing some exchange work too..
Just an option....

Good Luck,

Thanks Dave ! & Yes I will be doing some more work soon. I Do great work but will admit I am not as fast as some others as I am a one man team there is no one that helps me. I am a one man team so any paint work & mechanical work is done by me personaly the only out source here is powder coating & then I still do all the prep work for it.

Kyle trusts me to take parts off...That's about it so far.... :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Kyle trusts me to take parts off...That's about it so far.... :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
Dave your a great guy & offer a tremendous amount of help just between my schedule & your schedule & me determined to do every thing myself & being really stubborn turns into a problem.

sean morley, of morley's muscle -> one2dmax on this forum.

Thanks man, yea not sure whats gonna happen now by the time he got back to me, keep in mind I did not even see it even though I was in Woosta, I found out he had a dep. already down so I will find out tomorrow if it's still available.:bang head:

Thanks man, yea not sure whats gonna happen now by the time he got back to me, keep in mind I did not even see it even though I was in Woosta, I found out he had a dep. already down so I will find out tomorrow if it's still available.:bang head:

ah shit thats too bad.

I already started a thread about the bike I just got but I seem to have skipped this thread, so just stoping in to say hey.

Hello guys,

So I've finally made the switch. I've always wanted a vmax. I finally bought one last week. I'ts going to the shop this week to get carbs cleaned and synched. I can't wait to blow by my brother on his 20k$ harley. :looser:

Attachments

• photo.JPG19.jpg
    photo.JPG19.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 12
Hello Vic2009, welcome to vmaxforum! I used to live in Kenner and worked over in Harahan for a year back in 1991. I sure miss the great food in Louisiana!
There are some other options to get your carb cleaned by experienced vmac carb mechanic so they will be done right and maybe cheaper that what a dealer will do for you. Talk to Sean Morley, Captain Kyle or Ragingmain for cleaning/ repairing.

well I want to lower it, I'm only 5' 10" I barely reach the ground on it.

Concur w/VMAX NV the lower seat is great. I have one and when I've rode VMAXs with the stock seat feels like I'm on top of the bike. The lower seat is way more comfortable and gives you a more "down in the bike" feel. The lower seat will do the trick and add comfort.

Darren

Thanks guys, appreciate the input. My neighbor has always had a vmax. He has his work done at Motorcycle Specialties in Houma, La. He claims the mechanic owns one and is very good with them. So thats where I intended to bring it for the carb cleaning and adjustment. I usually do it my self but Its looks complicated to remove.

Latest posts

Back