Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a super cheap 1990 V-Max. It runs, but it's not pretty. I only want it's engine anyway. I'm fabricating a trellis frame and I've got a complete ZX-14 front end, swingarm, shock and rear wheel waiting for it. Having fun converting it to chain drive now. V-Max-powered ZX-14 with a Ducati Diavel frame is the idea. Not spending a lot on it - doing all of the work myself. Except for the chain drive, it's just a little welding and some parts off of e-bay, really.

I just bought a super cheap 1990 V-Max. It runs, but it's not pretty. I only want it's engine anyway. I'm fabricating a trellis frame and I've got a complete ZX-14 front end, swingarm, shock and rear wheel waiting for it. Having fun converting it to chain drive now. V-Max-powered ZX-14 with a Ducati Diavel frame is the idea. Not spending a lot on it - doing all of the work myself. Except for the chain drive, it's just a little welding and some parts off of e-bay, really.

Please keep us updated. This sounds like a fun project.

Hi all from John in Okla.

Just bought a '94 with 19k miles yesterday and am enjoying it so far.

It didn't come with an owners manual so I just had a question...don't these blinkers self cancel? Or is that a later year model?

Plans are to upgrade the exhaust to something a little louder, maybe change back the forward controls to stock controls (if I can ebay the used stock parts) and do a little something with the lighting.

All in all, a great bike, and I'm enjoying the forum!

BTW, what is the exact HP for this year model...I've seen conflicting numbers.

Hey Reagenn....you and I need to get together some time and go ride....i live in Lawton ok. Well that being said...welcome to the forum, this place is great...a wealth of knowledge....and some of the nicest people that I have ever met.

To the best of my knowledge, all years have self canceling blinkers...but the 2 factors for the blinkers to cancel is time, and distance traveled.

The engine should put out 145 hp at the block, which equates to 110 to 115 hp for the normal Vmax at the rear wheel. Some of the European versions and the Japanese versions put out about 90 hp.

Dman999-- Thanks for the heads up on the manuals...highly appreciated!

Hawk--We ride quite a bit over in the Wichita's, we'll certainly have to meet up sometime!

Hi
I am a fairly new member from pa. I have owned my 89 max since it was new. I fell in love with them the year they came out. I had kept it stock for many years but have done a bunch of mods the last few years. I have been playing with and racing various cars trucks and bikes over the years and learned it helps to have access to as much information as possible. I am hoping to be able to find as well as share new ideas and information on the site.

Welcome hick, You can find all the ideas your wallet can handle right here :punk::eusa_dance:

Hi Folks, I'm Vipulmax. I live in south FL and just recently got a 2001 stock VMAX with 9400 miles on it. It looks to be in great shape. I've only had it for a few weeks but I already love it! Can't wait to get working on this bad boy to customize it for my needs. it looks like a cruiser now but I want to get a street look on it.
Anyway, I've already got a clutch issue that needs fixing and I've posted a separate thread in the clutch section. Help a boy get back on his bike.
Thanks!
-Vipulmax

Hi
I am a fairly new member from pa. I have owned my 89 max since it was new. I fell in love with them the year they came out. I had kept it stock for many years but have done a bunch of mods the last few years. I have been playing with and racing various cars trucks and bikes over the years and learned it helps to have access to as much information as possible. I am hoping to be able to find as well as share new ideas and information on the site.
Welcome and you need to come to Thuinder in the Valley next June (in Johnstown, PA), we usually have around 100 Vmaxes at the Days Inn in Somerset that week !

Hi Folks, I'm Vipulmax. I live in south FL and just recently got a 2001 stock VMAX with 9400 miles on it. It looks to be in great shape. I've only had it for a few weeks but I already love it! Can't wait to get working on this bad boy to customize it for my needs. it looks like a cruiser now but I want to get a street look on it.
Anyway, I've already got a clutch issue that needs fixing and I've posted a separate thread in the clutch section. Help a boy get back on his bike.
Thanks!
-Vipulmax

Welcome to the forum.

just returned to vmax ownership,had a few lean years so picked up a bit of a dog .however it has some nice mods,17 inch wheels ,venture rear end,braced swingarm,supertrap system.however it has a few minus points,crap paint,horrific wiring ,& finally its the 97bhp version.
carbs are off being sorted & blanking plugs being bored out.the soldering iron is on overtime & i can live with the paint.
hopefully it will be sorted by next week.

Hi, my name is Valentin, i'm from Russia, St.Petersburg, co-owner of workshop ClassicCyclesCustoms, my main project is 1989 2LT V-max Vbooster presented in the forum garage

Hi, my name is Valentin, i'm from Russia, St.Petersburg, co-owner of workshop ClassicCyclesCustoms, my main project is 1989 2LT V-max Vbooster presented in the forum garage

Welcome to the forum...this place is great!!

just returned to vmax ownership,had a few lean years so picked up a bit of a dog .however it has some nice mods,17 inch wheels ,venture rear end,braced swingarm,supertrap system.however it has a few minus points,crap paint,horrific wiring ,& finally its the 97bhp version.
carbs are off being sorted & blanking plugs being bored out.the soldering iron is on overtime & i can live with the paint.
hopefully it will be sorted by next week.

Which models had the lower horsepower? I've searched but not found much info on this.

Welcome Valentin, Your bike is a mod monkey award just waiting to happen :punk:

Hey Guys,
New member here. Location is Halifax, Nova Scotia. I got my 2004 Vmax last spring. Awesome bike. I have only been riding for 3 years and this is my second bike. First bike was a v-star 650. I rode it for 8 months then sold it and got the Vmax. This will be my second season on Mr. Max. I have been going to sell it twice since I had it, but when push came to shove, I just couldn't do it and backed out of the deal. Thanksfully Mr. Max is still sitting in my garage!

Looking foward to reading all the posts in the forum.
Spring is almost here!!!

Are there any Vmax riders from Nova Scotia hanging around here?

I'm located in Middle Sackville and can do all repairs to a Max. I also have many spare parts for sale.

Latest posts

Back