Clever, Ok not really

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DakRatFink

Reaction score
photo.php

Clever? Yes, I'd say so! Kudos to you, Mr. Fink, and to John, for figuring it out!
One question......wtf is a "base 64"????

Base64 is a simple way of displaying binary information as ASCII text

So, the picture is a huge collection of 1s and 0s. Break it into small chunks of about 6 bits each, each chunk can be converted into a letter and written down in an email/webpage etc.
So instead of 150,000 1s and 0s you can save the pic as 25,000 letters (as Mr. Fink did in his 2nd post)
but then your computer has to know to turn that text back into binary and show it as a picture

johnpclynch "Base64 is a simple way of displaying binary information as ASCII text[/I said:
So, the picture is a huge collection of 1s and 0s. Break it into small chunks of about 6 bits each, each chunk can be converted into a letter and written down in an email/webpage etc.
So instead of 150,000 1s and 0s you can save the pic as 25,000 letters (as Mr. Fink did in his 2nd post)
but then your computer has to know to turn that text back into binary and show it as a picture"

Ahhhh.......just as I suspected. Thanks, John.
Cheers!

Latest posts

Back