comfort mods

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarge103

Reaction score
I'm making my longest ride to date to Laconia this month and I was looking at maybe adding some "comfort mods" I am lucky enough that rick is going to let me try out his maxgasser loaner seat for the trip which inevitably I will probably end up buying a custom built one from him promptly after I get back. But I was wondering what other mods I can do to make the bike a little more comfortable for the long haul. Does anyone have fwd controls and how about handle bars? I am 6ft and the only fatigue I feel on the long rides in my backside getting numb after about 2 hours and back fatigue from leaning over for that long. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Using the engine guards as highway pegs, as well as the passenger pegs when you get tired of that, a Muscle seat, and a Vista cruise are what I used for the trip to Arkansas. I'll be picking up some bar end weights at some point too.

I had homemade when I bought mine. I now have engine guards, but waiting for my buddy to make me clamps for the HD highway pegs that were given to me.. I feel the stock engine guards have your feet location too close, puts a bunch of pressure on thighs( uncomfortable) but once pegs are attached it should fix that due to legs being out a little bit more. My best comfort mod was my Muscle seat. Waiting on new sportbike handle bars, D3 grips and Vibernator.. Not 100% sure about the solid engine mounts with my comfort, as for right now my extra vibrations are killing my old Soldier body, well if I am running down the road 75 plus...

I use my engine guards as footrests ( mandatory for me to stretch out ) . For me its feet and seat and then hands that get the brunt of long travels.

You can really reach that far to the foot rest... :clapping:

Long rides for me, no air in front forks and rear shocks set to 1 my tires air front 32 rear 34

Beercan holder. Ashtray holder. Smoking gloves for picking up the cigarette, 12v outlet for the beer cooler and a waist belt to relief the tension... oh and a higher handlebar to make you sit more upright.

1258094717767jpg.jpg

p1949ex1.gif

Car-Refrigeration-Heating-Dual-purpose-font-b-Portable-b-font-Mini-Fridge-Warmer-MINI-Fridge-font.jpg

-Beer-Belt-Hops-Grey-6-Pack-Beer-Holster.jpg

visual-dictionary-motorcycle-terms-ape-hangers.jpg

Beercan holder. Ashtray holder. Smoking gloves for picking up the cigarette, 12v outlet for the beer cooler and a waist belt to relief the tension... oh and a higher handlebar to make you sit more upright.

1258094717767jpg.jpg

p1949ex1.gif

Car-Refrigeration-Heating-Dual-purpose-font-b-Portable-b-font-Mini-Fridge-Warmer-MINI-Fridge-font.jpg

-Beer-Belt-Hops-Grey-6-Pack-Beer-Holster.jpg

visual-dictionary-motorcycle-terms-ape-hangers.jpg

I ordered a ufo bar riser so hopefulley that will pull the bars back some

Bar risers or bars that have rise built in, forward controls and a Maxgasser seat are all you need unless a touring size windscreen is in your plans.

Sounds like you have everything but the wind fatigue handled.

I gotta say though. Laconia is a blast. I did it from here in TX almost 10 years ago. I was on a HD Streetglide which I disliked very much. It was a rental, but I bought and installed highway pegs quickly. I started looking for dealers before I even made it out of TX.

Enjoy the trip and have one for me at the Brpken Spoke. Also, Maine for Lobster is an easy day trip while you are there.

Sounds like you have everything but the wind fatigue handled.

I gotta say though. Laconia is a blast. I did it from here in TX almost 10 years ago. I was on a HD Streetglide which I disliked very much. It was a rental, but I bought and installed highway pegs quickly. I started looking for dealers before I even made it out of TX.

Enjoy the trip and have one for me at the Brpken Spoke. Also, Maine for Lobster is an easy day trip while you are there.

this is my first trip there im pumped

Here is a pic of mine. I actually thought about bringing it to Eureka springs. The best thing about it.....it matches the bike.

Attachments

• IMAG0720.jpg
    IMAG0720.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 29
Of course, if I really want to "ride" long distances, and don't necessarily have to have the Vmax when I get there, I maintain this option as well.
Daytona Beach
Daytona Bike Week 2012 011.jpg
Missouri Fall Color Ride
Mo fall color ride 2013 001.jpg
Colo Springs on the way to Pike's Peak
Pike's Peak  Aug 31 2013 003.jpg
Best of both worlds.

Someone mentioned windshields... VERY good to have on longer trips. I would think this could be even more helpful if your taller, to block more wind from hitting your taller frame. (I'm a short bastard, and it helps me)
Some will force you to relocate the turn signals though. I will have to be doing that with my Malibu windshield I bought.

Another mod I feel would be excellent would be some sort of throttle lock to allow you to give your right hand a break. This is very important for me, because of my carpel tunnel.

Back