Cops Mod questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medicineman843

Reaction score
Does anyone have this mod for sale? Any advice on the right plugs and wire harness where to find them would be very helpful! And what kind of prices should i expect to pay... :ummm:

Contact 88vmx12, he is a member on the forum. I got mine from him a few months back and was very happy with the workmanship of the harness and the crisp throttle response I have now. I paid 168 bucks back then but he may have had a price increase since. It came with a 6 or 8 page instruction sheet and the installation was a breeze.

I would not recommend using that wiring harness with you old analog CDI ignition box, it will fry the CDI. The COP mod that 88vmx12 sells has an in line resistor built into the harness to prevent this. If your bike was a 90 (digital CDI) or better I think it would be OK.

Contact 88vmx12, he is a member on the forum. I got mine from him a few months back and was very happy with the workmanship of the harness and the crisp throttle response I have now. I paid 168 bucks back then but he may have had a price increase since. It came with a 6 or 8 page instruction sheet and the installation was a breeze.
+1 Did an install today with all Gannon?s parts. Plug and play with no problems. Well worth the money, workmanship is top notch like Joe mentioned. The difference was very noticeable on a bike with 5k. The T boost adapter worked great too.

Steve-o

Steve O just installed Gannon's kit on my bike and it was awesome. Worth every penny. It was $184 shipped to my door. Came with plugs harness for boost and resisters. Highly recommend. The throttle response and power was off the hook. Front tire came right off the ground on me. Wednesday we are installing marks exhaust. You will not be disappointed for 1 second. Wish I would have done it sooner. Thanks for your help today steve o ;)

Steve O just installed Gannon's kit on my bike and it was awesome. Worth every penny. It was $184 shipped to my door. Came with plugs harness for boost and resisters. Highly recommend. The throttle response and power was off the hook. Front tire came right off the ground on me. Wednesday we are installing marks exhaust. You will not be disappointed for 1 second. Wish I would have done it sooner. Thanks for your help today steve o ;)
Anytime Mark. Results are what's important. I was very surprised because the ignition parts we took off were close to brand new. Kudo's to Bird of Pray for comming up with this mod and Gannon for making the parts.
Steve-o

mark, what are your plans with the stock coils?

Garrett I plan on saving them. I keep all of my stock parts just in case I ever need to change back. Steve O asked me the same thing lol.

So from that (cheap coil on plug mod) i'm pretty sure that i can use the short 08 R1 plugs and harness. is this right? I don't have 180 to spend. 44 for the plugs and harness.

Yep, with that , you should be good to go as long as you have the harness with the resistor of the right value, inline with coil sticks.

Birdoprey, was the originator of the COPs mod....here is some intresting reading for you in this thread.......

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=5427

All the postings in the Birdoprey were from mostly members with the later model Maxes with digital CDI boxes. It was later when it was found that the analog CDI's needed resistors added. If you go thru the threads and look in the right hand corner of each poster he usualy has the year model of his bike listed . This posting of the COPs mod was in it's infancy.........If the mod is done without resistors your CDI may crap out and they are $189.00(used) if you can find one, plus shiping cost.

Garrett I plan on saving them. I keep all of my stock parts just in case I ever need to change back. Steve O asked me the same thing lol.

i def would, if u were gonna just get rid of them, i think i knew someone who was looking

So from that (cheap coil on plug mod) i'm pretty sure that i can use the short 08 R1 plugs and harness. is this right? I don't have 180 to spend. 44 for the plugs and harness.

they should work, i'd go denso though. lots of guys run without resistors but i def wouldn't if you ever think of going to a dyna.

Back