COPs quick question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duke86max

Reaction score
I have read through all I can find on the cop upgrade and printed out the list I found for what fits.
I found a set of Denso from an 04 gsxr 600 but the list I have doesn't show these as ones that fit. Has the list been updated and will these work??
Thanks
Duke

Don't know of any changes to the list but I see '01 - '03 gsxr600 works.....maybe check part numbers on your '04's, might be the same as the previous 3 years.

Keep us posted.

I believe most Denso COPs are the same. Easy way to check - go to Bikebandit.com and search for the COPs for the bike you found, then for some of the bikes in our list, and compare - they should be the same part numbers.

I wish I could remember what ones I ended up with! If I remember correctly there are some long ones and then the shorter ones.

G

Indeed. The only difference is the shorter ones are easier to get in and out - more clearance.

I use the long ones, and have no problems with them. I got two sets, one from a Honda 900 and the other from a Suzuki 600 I believe. Both work equally well, all Densos.

Attachments

• P1080028.JPG
    P1080028.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 19
  • P1080296.JPG
    P1080296.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 16
After I asked the question I found Bike Bandit and looked it up to cross refernce the number with the 01-03 on the list but they are all diffrent #'s. I am looking for the short ones guess I'll try them and see unless someone chimes in that knows they won't work for sure.
Thanks
Duke

I used the COPs off a '08 R1, they are the short variety. I had long COPs but did not like the hassle it was to remove them. I used some insulation to protect the wire from heat and water but made the long COPs harder to plug/ unplug.
You should be able to find some short COPs from the list for under $30.

Mine are off a '07 R6 and are Mitsu's....short variety, got all four sticks with harness for like $30 shipped. Work great, got around 2000 miles on them so far. Got caught in a torrential downpour and no issues when wet either. That was a bargain, the going rate seems to be in the $50-$75 range. Try lots of different searches....R1 coils, R6 coils, gsxr coils, ninja coils, ect. They're all virtually identical as far as appearance(Honda 9xx series bikes are known to use the long style), but the short ones seem more common now.

Back