Does anyone with a Gen 2 know of fan switch bypass

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
Does anyone with a Gen 2 know of a good tutorial for making a fan bypass switch for both fans.

I had one on my 2007 but that bike only had 1 fan, the Gen 2 has 2 fans as far as I know. I would assume a bypass could be done to have both fans linked to one bypass switch.

I've got my bike apart now and it would be a great time to do a few things, battery Tender Jr. fans bypass.

Thanks in advance

You should be able to wire it up much the same as the Gen 1 which has the switch wired to the thermostat connections. Turn your key on, and jump the thermostat connectors and if the fan comes on then just use a couple of appropriate sized positaps, some wire run to a mounted switch and you'll be good to go.

You should be able to wire it up much the same as the Gen 1 which has the switch wired to the thermostat connections. Turn your key on, and jump the thermostat connectors and if the fan comes on then just use a couple of appropriate sized positaps, some wire run to a mounted switch and you'll be good to go.

Thanks, Should is a word I hate......lol I know it can be done, I did it on my 2007 but I don't feel comfortable doing it on a Gen 2 until I can see a good tutorial on doing it on a Gen 2. So when I find one I will do it, wish I could see one today my bike is apart.

Why do you constantly ask for help on things that anyone could easily find with a quick online search?

Do you enjoy having people do stuff for you? Or do you have to post a question at least once a day? :wacko::wacko: ( that's the wacko emoji BTW)

Why do you constantly ask for help on things that anyone could easily find with a quick online search?

Do you enjoy having people do stuff for you? Or do you have to post a question at least once a day? :wacko::wacko: ( that's the wacko emoji BTW)

I thought he made perfectly clear why he asked the question.

Considering the number of electrical hacks I've seen on bikes over the years, it's better to ask, rather than just guess.

I thought he made perfectly clear why he asked the question.

Considering the number of electrical hacks I've seen on bikes over the years, it's better to ask, rather than just guess.

Who told him to guess? I told him to take a minute and search for it.

I didn't have to because I knew exactly where it is......I did anyway and guess what?

When I searched "Gen 2 Vmax fan mod".... in .87 seconds in was at the top of my screen.

Here is another example of a question he asked on another forum: (there's lots of them)

If I was going to have my bike painted someday? 1 month 2 weeks ago #1

I'm seeing the front fender,faux gas tank cover, rear fender and side covers if I want them painted. am I missing any painted parts that would need to be re-painted. ?? :ummm::ummm::ummm:

Who told him to guess? I told him to take a minute and search for it.

I didn't have to because I knew exactly where it is......I did anyway and guess what?

When I searched "Gen 2 Vmax fan mod".... in .87 seconds in was at the top of my screen.

Here is another example of a question he asked on another forum: (there's lots of them)

If I was going to have my bike painted someday? 1 month 2 weeks ago #1

I'm seeing the front fender,faux gas tank cover, rear fender and side covers if I want them painted. am I missing any painted parts that would need to be re-painted. ?? :ummm::ummm::ummm:

opps your link didn't work, there is a button right up on top of this window that looks like a chain link, if you want a link to work you just click on it and insert the url address in the little pop up box, then click OK and your link will actually work.

I hear you Mark , wondered the same thing , along with profession

opps your link didn't work, there is a button right up on top of this window that looks like a chain link, if you want a link to work you just click on it and insert the url address in the little pop up box, then click OK and your link will actually work.

Not being a dick, merely saying......he didnt post a link, Itgoes just underlined a post. Links will show up orange, his is all in white.

I don't see you getting upset when countless number of forum users ask the same questions about oil or vboost. Maybe a personal vendetta..?

The search function is nice but I think that there added benefits to asking the forum population at large.

Someone else with a Gen 2 may be thinking of the same mod.

Someone else who has done the mod might have useful information to add to the existing knowledge base. Without the question being presented to the forum at large, that info, if it exists, may need to be rediscovered by anyone the undertakes the project.

I don't see you getting upset when countless number of forum users ask the same questions about oil or vboost. Maybe a personal vendetta..?

Most definitely. :biglaugh: Don't like him at all.

He's the only guy I've seen publicly curse a whole forum, beg for forgiveness, do it again..and then get tossed. I could write a whole page on him.....but I don't want to disturb this fine forum so I will not comment any longer.

BTW I think EVRERYBODY should search a little more, and think a little more, and look with their own eyes a little more, before asking a question.... not just him. I'ts just more annoying when he does it because he does it all the time and he's a jerk..........I mean do you have to ask what parts on the VMax that's right in front of you need to be painted?

Most definitely. :biglaugh: Don't like him at all.

He's the only guy I've seen publicly curse a whole forum, beg for forgiveness, do it again..and then get tossed. I could write a whole page on him.....but I don't want to disturb this fine forum so I will not comment any longer.

BTW I think EVRERYBODY should search a little more, and think a little more, and look with their own eyes a little more, before asking a question.... not just him. I'ts just more annoying when he does it because he does it all the time and he's a jerk..........I mean do you have to ask what parts on the VMax that's right in front of you need to be painted?

Amen brother, after watching his train wreck on the other forum, I finally had to comment on one of his posts over here last week, only to be quickly chastised for doing so. If you don't know the history on the "other" VMAX forum, it's easy for others to see your words as attacks on him personally over here, but they are certainly well deserved! What other parts need painted? Seriously? That's just icing on the cake, there should be a "dumb question of the month" award. Heck, you have to make it weekly, or daily, if he keeps it up over here too! :biglaugh:

Back