drag bars

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eat crow

Reaction score
when i bought my 85 max this year it came with drag bars on it.Even the slightest vibration can be felt through these,Has anyone perfected this setup?????my bike is vibration free after a long summer of working on it,I just wish my hands werent falling asleep still!! any imput would be great as i am considering using mx bars to get rid of this final flaw,many thanks, Billy

you can try buckshot or barsnake but i haven't had good luck with the latter

(I just wish my hands werent falling asleep still!! any imput would be great) Yea Billy,I got drag bars on my Max.I love em,but my hands turn num on longer rides The stock bars did the same thing too.I'm thinking may be it's not the bike.It's the blood flow to my 61 year old hands.Same thing happens when I ride my mountain bike.If u figure it out please let me know.....Rusty:biglaugh:

I have drag bars, but I bought my bike with them so I have no comparison.

Lots of vibrations, even with padded leather gloves.

I wonder the same about bar snake or something similar??

ive tried slicing a rubber line lengthways and pulling that through the bars so it hugs the inside wall of the bar tightly, this worked pretty goos as i just rode for 2.5 hours without my hands falling asleep.the carb sync really helped settle the vibes down too

I immediately installed a set of drag bars on Max within a week after I got him. I have had drag bars on almost all the 15 bikes I have owned. It feels better to my wrists. I got the bars from Python Motorsports and used the barsnake with great results. The Python bars are the right I.D. and with proper lubing, the barsnake fits really snug and eliminates the vibration. You can use the liquid snake, if you have any indentations or locator marks that protrude inside the bar.

(I just wish my hands werent falling asleep still!! any imput would be great) Yea Billy,I got drag bars on my Max.I love em,but my hands turn num on longer rides The stock bars did the same thing too.I'm thinking may be it's not the bike.It's the blood flow to my 61 year old hands.Same thing happens when I ride my mountain bike.If u figure it out please let me know.....Rusty:biglaugh:

You all are just squeezing to hard to HOLD ON!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I have bad carpal tunnel syndrome and when aggravated, it's not just numb, I cannot feel anything so no riding. That said, I got drag bars on six inch risers with BarSnake (the hard rubber version) with the Kuryakyn grips with the big rubber blocks and have zero problems with vibration. My ass used to go numb (before a Maxgasser) and my hands ever feel anything. I do run a radial front tire too if that matters.

Gotta set of Harris 43 mm clip-ons I may have to try to fit just to see if it can be done. My stock flyscreen is dumping lotsa wind @ the helmet base. Maybe I am gonna try one of the St Augustine Fl Gustaffsen Plastics extended screens & you can get a raised lip too. I think the longest they have is +5". Maybe it looks dorky, but if it flows better, "function over form!"

i filled mine with bb's. and that helped A LOT. i can go over an hr now and not have numb hands.

I got my drag bars from UFO too, and they are great. Nice price too!
No problems with vibrations either, but after years of riding superbikes, I default to very gently gripping the bars. If you're having alot of vibration through your wrists more than likely youre just holding on too tight.

Back