Engine Black

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomMax

Reaction score
I remember seeing a product not long ago that someone was raving about on a thread here that renewed the glossy black finish on engines on bikes and I think almost anything else black on a bike. If anyone knows of this product or where to find the thread please let me know. Thanks, Ed

my motor was matte black as well as my frame, but armor all original wipes work great on the entire bike, including your switches if they're sun faded.

i tried a turtle wax brand but they just didnt work :( they were just a wipe, nothing more.

guys talk up lemon pledge too. supposedly pledge will make bugs easier to wipe off also. food for thought.

my paint always looked wet on my gen 1, i would armor all wipe the dust and stuff off the paint, then use meguila's? wax on it and id rub it around with my bare hands/fingers. lol i know my first love was a machine :(. then let it dry and wipe it off with microfiber cloths. water and junk will bead up off of it and hopefully keep the sun from fading it

I remember seeing a product not long ago that someone was raving about on a thread here that renewed the glossy black finish on engines on bikes and I think almost anything else black on a bike. If anyone knows of this product or where to find the thread please let me know. Thanks, Ed

Here in Canada Canadian Tire sells "Engine Brite". About $4-00 per spray can.I use it about once a month. Takes about 15 seconds per side. The engine cases look like they are wet. Mine is a 99 model but some of the later ones are dull black I don`t know how it would work o them.

try RAwarrior, i think he posted on it ed.

If you ever want to repaint the eng someday, I used the 1200 degree ceramic paint. Think Duplicolor puts it out. Took about 4-6 hrs to clean, sand n tape off the eng. About 20 mins to put a couple-three coats on it in the heat. You can peel the tape in around an hour or two, then let it set overnight. Lasts 3 yrs avg for me. Has a semi gloss to it. Thought it looked good.

try RAwarrior, i think he posted on it ed.

Thanks Garret, I knew one of you guys would remember. It's not that mine is in bad shape or anything but I'm always striving for perfection with this damn thing. Hopefully we have a Pgh run this year and hope you make it down again. Thanks, Ed

Back