First time out with 85 engine eight mile

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WHAT GEAR ARE YOU IN WHEN YOU HIT THE EIGHTH MILE ( FINISH LINE ) ?

Very top of 3rd shift light comes on around 600 ft I am going through the traps at 100-101 depending on track and air conditions
With NOS I am going through in 3rd at around 112

My shift lite is set for 8800 RPMS

watch
This video is no longer available...

Late model GIXXER red lights to try and get the jump but as you can see still no match for the V-4 MAX

watch

And one more of another sportbike getting his ass handed to him in the 1/8
All these passes were raw motor running 99-100. Tomorrow night I will have a full bottle of NOS to run 11 mph more in the 1/8 and really make em say Dayumn!!! Listen to the end of this clip you can hear the shock of someone say Ohhhhhh Noooooo hard to believe a big ol cruiser kicking a sportbikes ass

watch

Nice work! I sure look like a rookie compared to those vids. I'm having fun and learning a lot so I'm sure it will come with time. I was the fastest bike at the strip with a sissy bar... I was the only one, but the fastest.
Thanks for the vids.

Jeff

Well, this only proves again and again the 85/86 max motor is the best. Damn trans. though. Runs look good, cant help to beat any new crotch rocket. Hope to have some time to post here soon. Vids too.

Well, this only proves again and again the 85/86 max motor is the best. Damn trans. though. Runs look good, cant help to beat any new crotch rocket. Hope to have some time to post here soon. Vids too.

Rhoke, just a rumor about the '85 engine. Engines are the same. '85 had a better exhaust but due to emissions/noise it was changed in '86. To make up for the bit of loss they increased Vboost size by 1 mm.

Every engine's different. My friend's '99 made 130 hp with just a change in exhaust!

I guess I got lucky I bought the motor for $500.00 compression avg around 165-170 little low but I didnt want to break the factory seal on the cases so I figured I would just throw it in and ride it.

It took a few motors and I guess I got lucky with this one Mark. I am scared of the tranny acting up also, I guess thats why I am not really in a hurry to put my nos hoses on. I am just so tired of hearing rods knock and my tools are just as tired as I am with the VMAX.
Its funny how you get older and every time you twist the wick you just prey it all stays together. Since my GF likes riding she is my motor governor lol

Back