fly screen?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kozy

Reaction score
I have a fly screen that came with my bike....I wanna sell it cause I think it looks retarded.
It's in perfect shape....what's a good price to get for it? I wanna post it on eBay but don't know what it's worth.

I got a new one from a website(dealer site, don't remember which one) for about $100 shipped. I have seen several go for that much on ebay. But they always seemed to start around $50 and bidding wars took them up that high.

I have a fly screen that came with my bike....I wanna sell it cause I think it looks retarded.
It's in perfect shape....what's a good price to get for it? I wanna post it on eBay but don't know what it's worth.

I may be interested in it. Can you show me a pic of what yours looks like?

Thanks,
Abe

IMG00030.jpg

IMG00031.jpg

IMG00032.jpg

This fly screen is perfect. I took it off the bike when I got it. No scratches, blemishes, no NOTHING. Like new.

$80 sound fair?
There are mounting brackets for the windshield that are still mounted on my bike. To get those off I believe that you have to remove the handlebars and risers to be able to unbolt the turn signals.... the brackets mount between the turn sigs and the forks.

If I am wrong, someone please correct me. But that's what I think has to be done just by looking at it.

You do not have to remove anything. Just loosen the turnsignals (turning the forks to full lock makes it easier to get to the nuts on the stalks) and the brackets slip off. (They are three sided, there is no hole the signals fit through). They also have a hole that the small tab on the signals fits into so be sure and loosen them enough to get past that.

You do not have to remove anything. Just loosen the turnsignals (turning the forks to full lock makes it easier to get to the nuts on the stalks) and the brackets slip off. (They are three sided, there is no hole the signals fit through). They also have a hole that the small tab on the signals fits into so be sure and loosen them enough to get past that.

Thanks for the clarification. I bought my bike this summer, thus I haven't had a chance to take things apart yet. I'm not willing to sacrifice riding time.....so come winter my bike will be in pieces GUARANTEED!
Is $80 too steep for this thing? I really don't have a clue.

$80 is fair (espically if you include shipping) though we used to be able to get them new with the VMOA discount for $75. It would easily bring $80 on ebay most of the time.

Sean

I'll take the screen for 70...gotta give me the forum discount bud...pm me and we can swap info.

Abe

Latest posts

Back