Fork dis-assembly question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki66

Reaction score
How do I remove this end piece off of the fork leg?

DSC00830-1.jpg

Never tried it, but I would guess to try turning the plastic piece till the tabs in the plastic piece match up with the notches in the fork leg,than pull off.

If that doesn't work, try Geek_Law's approach :rofl_200:

Mike

This might count as a thread jack, but I'd also like to know how to get the top bolt off. Looks like a REALLY big allen head. What tool do I need?

Top bolt of...?

GL, that would most likely work, but I did want to put it back on later.I suppose I should have said that.

To get the rock shield off you heat it up with a heat gun or good hair dryer. This will make it soft and pliable and you can pull it off without damage that way. No need normally to remove it.

To get the top cap off you do need a really big allen. I took one and cut off a chunk then used a socket over the stub (basically made an allen socket).
Sean

The easy way for the fork top bolt is:

- find a bolt whose head fits in the hex hole (I seem to remember it's a 15 or 17mm?)
- get two nuts that fit that bolt
- screw both nuts on the end of the bolt, and tighten them against each other
- insert one side in fork top bolt hole, and use a standard wrench or ratchet on the other side.

Back