Harleys makes you a tough guy...really?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsman30

Reaction score
Not to bash people but why do people think when they buy a Harley they are now tough guys? I find this very funny and weird as well. I just had a run in with a fellow at a gas station and he proceded to tell me what a peice of shit rice rocket I had and people like me are ruining the country... really? Well I am no push over and I told him if he was so sure my bike was shit he would not mind putting up his title and see where the rubber meets the road. Well he kept running his mouth off and I finally told him that we could go behind the building and settle this like a man or he could shut the fuck up and go home with just a bruised ego ( His girl was with him) So he left without any problem what I dont get this guy just got punked trying to be tough in front of his girl why?
Anybody have stories like this or do I just attract douche bags???

Not run into anyone like that but I'm a pretty good sized guy and I don't smile so maybe that holds them at bay. Actually when I'm at "Harley Fests" (pretty much any bike night here) I get compliments and a crowd gathered in some cases... You just met an asshole... They're everywhere.

Chris

Never a negative comment on my Max as well. It is one of the few "rice burners" that gets respect from the Harley guys.

Performance wise nobody wants to go head to head VMax vs. Harley. If they do, they are simply ignorant. Just look at the raw HP numbers. It's like running a Cadillac against a Skyline GTR it's not going to end well for the Caddy.

All in all I find most......most guys pretty good, yeah, there are a bunch of douche bags out there but isn't that the case everywhere?

Never a negative comment on my Max as well. It is one of the few "rice burners" that gets respect from the Harley guys.

Performance wise nobody wants to go head to head VMax vs. Harley. If they do, they are simply ignorant. Just look at the raw HP numbers. It's like running a Cadillac against a Skyline GTR it's not going to end well for the Caddy.

All in all I find most......most guys pretty good, yeah, there are a bunch of douche bags out there but isn't that the case everywhere?

The CTS-V with it's 550+HP motor would give it a good run! :eusa_dance:

soa is still a great show tho. can't wait for season 3

You ran into one of the assholes who feels the need to be "vocal" about his overpriced butt-jewerely. While assholes ride every brand, they do seem to gravitate toward Harleys. People just don't feel like a "badass" riding a Honda, something they capitalized on years ago. Remember the "You meet the nicest people on a Honda" ads?

Harleys (and their riders) are all show and no go. They'll "talk the talk" all day long, but when it comes to action they all pussy out, because they know those "piece of shit rice rockets" are cheaper, built better, faster, and will still be on the road long after the Harley's in the scrapyard.

One of the people I ride with every so often has a Fatboy, and while he's definetly a nice guy, he definetly bought the bike for the image and lifestyle that accompanies it. He's owned it for 7 years now and doesn't even have 3000 miles on it. Takes it to the local bike nights and local rallies, that's about it.

Unless you see a Vrod with a turbo hanging off the side, you have nothing to fear from any HD.

As for SOA, I don't get it. You know how people say "action figures" are dolls for boys? I see SOA as a soap opera for men. Every episode is 90% touchy-feely talk about nothing. No action, no ass kicking, no car chases, no explosions. Lots and lots of talking. Boooooooring. I know I'm in the minority here, but honestly the show bores me to death, despite really trying to like it. I guess when I first saw it I was hoping for a new-age Knight Rider-esque show or something.

Haha, douche bags. I have a little story from just last week at the my local bike shop to order some seals. On my way out I over hear some guys talking about a youtube vid of some Greek guy hitting a mirror on the freeway. "oh there so crazy" bla bla bla. Some how I got sucked into the conversion and one guy asked what I rode, so I told him. Vmax. He gives me a wierd look so I say 'what you about Vmaxs?'. Oversized guy with one of those back brace shell things on says, "either you ride one or you dont, Ill beat you!" HA!!! So what you ride? Oversized guy, "Warrior". Are you kidding me?? This fucker has no idea who he's talking to. He and his little boy friend, ya I think they were a couple of homo's, proceded to talk about how "they" used to race sport bikes but couldnt now couse oversized guy had a bad crash of some sort. Then it comes out the "little guy" boyfriend has a Gen 2 outside and is still learning how to ride it. What do you mean "learning how to ride it?". Man handle that son o bitch and pull her down in the corners.
I told him Id be back when Im off the crutch's:stickyman: and bike in hand to show him how its really done.
I checked out there bikes on my way outa the shop.:rofl_200::ummm:
Ya the Warrior had some miner scrapes on the nipples on the bottom of the foot pegs. And at least an inch of not touched ware mark on either side of the tire. :ummm::rofl_200:

Ill put my money where my mouth is. He'll try Im sure, but he'll lose. All hes gonna see of me is :10_6_8:

Attachments

• PIcs 068.jpg
    PIcs 068.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 08-30-09-200.jpg
    08-30-09-200.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 83
As for SOA, I don't get it. You know how people say "action figures" are dolls for boys? I see SOA as a soap opera for men. Every episode is 90% touchy-feely talk about nothing. No action, no ass kicking, no car chases, no explosions. Lots and lots of talking. Boooooooring. I know I'm in the minority here, but honestly the show bores me to death, despite really trying to like it. I guess when I first saw it I was hoping for a new-age Knight Rider-esque show or something.

i wouldn't disagree with anything said there. its not a motorcycle show, its modern hamlet which happens to be about a bike subculture. I really like it though, i've gotten into it quite a bit and feel its one of the shows that really pulls me and stresses me watching it (as far as wondering how thsi will be resolved and they'll deal with that).

To each his own as far as that goes. If you like the show, great. Just not what I was expecting when I heard a show about outlaw biker gangs.

Seems a lot of even experienced riders have this "bigger is better" mentality about things. More cc's= faster in their opinion. My friend with a M109 couldn't believe my 1200 took his 1800 no problem. People with the big twin cruisers think they're the fastest thing on the road because they have the biggest displacement engines. I'd considered a Warrior when I was looking for my bike after the Magna, but I couldn't find one for a price I wanted to pay, and the Vmax is more bike for less money. Plus, I wanted another V4.

Careful with that Gen II. Unless the rider is a total squid, you'll probably get your ass handed to you. The only thing faster than a Vmax, is a new Vmax.

Its wasnt the Gen II that was talking shit it was the Warrior. And funny thing, I just got back from the shop and guess who was there again? The two lover boys. It turns out that oversized guy is just a big shit talker according to his lover. They're actually pretty cool besides oversized guys oversized mouth.

Im pretty confident that in the canyons I could take a Gen II that has anything less than a Pro on it. I was mad when I saw one of the demo Vids they did for the Gen II out on my local Canyons where I ride. I would have challanged em. Either way it would have fun.

Dude, you live in Olean and yo only met one asshole?:shittystick:

Not that bad like I stated but we are blessed with assholes in these parts. I laugh it off I ride what I ride by choice not need. I have had harleys and find them to be junk even the new ones I rode are nothing but junk. As far as gangs I was in one a long time ago "sargent at arms" . I left for the simple reason no one was about putting miles on an thats what I like to do. There is nothing finner than heading into a corner with a vmax they handle better than people think if you know how to ride.

I've had positive comments from Harley riders before. I also had an awkward "wave retraction" where I gave a courtesy wave to a Harley rider, then he waved back and quickly retracted his hand when he realized it was a Jap bike. Oh well. There are more friendly folks than not.

Do harley guys not way because they are just plain ol asshole or because of they take one hand off the bike they crash?

There is nothing finner than heading into a corner with a vmax they handle better than people think if you know how to ride.

:worthy::worthy::punk::punk::thumbs up::thumbs up::bike1:

Is that New Orleans you live in?
If so, and you like the Blues music. There is an artist I would go see in LA but now he has moved to New Orleans. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K46SGjdYkyo

If you see him, Just tell him FREERIDER sent ya.

I've gotten the "wave retraction" also from HD riders. I think the first giveaway is that I wear a real full face helmet, not a beanie "novelty" lid. Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a HD rider wearing an enclosed helmet. Not one. That must be a big enough violation to get your HOG card revoked.

Though overall the Vmax seems to get a lot of respect. Probably 50% of riders know what it is, the other half can stay in their blissful ignorance and think their 1200 Sportster is fast. Talk about misnomers...if there's one thing Sportsters aren't, it's "sporty".

Shortly after I bought my vmax last fall, my wife and I went for a ride into town. We stopped at a coffee shop and there was a guy there on a custom Harley. I pulled into the spot next to him and asked "do you mind if I park here" He replied " go right ahead. You've got a Vmax." Thats when my chest puffed out and I new I made a good purchase.:punk:

Well revenge was mine today. I was heading down a back road and dont you know I see some harley riders plugging away. So me and Mr. Max thought we would give them a blow by so I grabbed a handfull of throttle with vboost kicking and went by them about 130 mph. All they knew was a something black went by like a jet :)

Back