Have questions for 2005 Vmax owners

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eman3849

Reaction score
I am trying to determine if certain parts on my 2005 have been changed out. They just seem to be out of place. First, is the front frame cross brace (one above oil filter) mat black to match the frame or is it gloss black? Also, are the upper and lower tanks on the radiator mat black or gloss black? One last thing, shouldn't the last six of the engine number match the VIN? Thanks in advance for any help guys.

PM 2fear about this. He has a 2005 and has been around a vmax for a long time.

Engine and VIN Number don't match on later VMax Models in many cases...
At one time, I thought the # of 2,000 and the end of the VIN matched on the
05's but that's not the case...

Good deal. Glad to hear everything checks out. I knew I could rely on the guys in the forum for the quick answers. Thanks guys.

I have a question about a 2005 vmax i am considering buying.I am in Melbourne Australia, and the bike in question is an 05 according to its vin and it has the flamed tank/cover with the badge but the badge is not numbered , can anyone here give me some advice, the bike is in excellant condition with 18000 kms on the clock but the price of $11,000 is pretty high.

I do not know what they go for down there, I know you do not want to pay to have one shipped from here. I paid 3800.00 for my '98 with 9k miles on the clock. I personally think that is pretty high for that. On ebay here there are max's running from 2500.00 and up for gen l and for gen ll 12,000.00 http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Motorcycles-/6024/i.html?_dmpt=US_motorcycles&_mqf=0&_qfkw=1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m273&_fpos=40223&_lsbx=0&_fspt=0&_flso=0&Make=Yamaha&Model=V%2520Max So I would say 11,000.00 for an '05 is very steep.
And welcome to the forum

I have a question about a 2005 vmax i am considering buying.I am in Melbourne Australia, and the bike in question is an 05 according to its vin and it has the flamed tank/cover with the badge but the badge is not numbered , can anyone here give me some advice, the bike is in excellant condition with 18000 kms on the clock but the price of $11,000 is pretty high.
Wate another year & buy a jen II for about the same price:biglaugh:

I would think 11k is high, they go for 6 to 7k here. Shipping is probably the killer. Don't know why the number is missing, unless it was a replacement tank...?

Guys, I just moved to Oz, and that's the kind of prices they pay for bikes there. The Gen II sells for over $30,000 there (!!!)

I bought a 2000 (in excellent shape) for $4000 in the US. Shipping it to Oz is around $1200. Then it needs to go thru 'australian compliance' which is another $2500 and happens in Brisbane, then there are customs charges (around $500) and another 500 to ship it from Brisbane to me.

Total: $8,700 That's still about 2000 cheaper than buying the same bike there, I know I'm getting a good bike (Kyle got it for me) and I've already upgraded/renewed what I wanted.

Oz is EXPENSIVE these days, but I had to have a Max again. Of course, any model older than January '89 doesn't need 'compliance', so the price gets better by about $2.5k.

Yes but when you sell it, you can recoup the money spent on bringing it in. So I guess it's not so bad!

As a side note NG you have the best avatar on this site..... I know you have had it a while, there is no need to change it, just saying....:punk:

Thanks mate :biglaugh::biglaugh:

I did have one that I considered even better, but unfortunately it was considered NSFW by a few people (rightly so I guess ;-)

Back