headlight-7'' or more?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kungi

Reaction score
Hi!
I have a little problem since I bought mr.(or mrs.).Max. What kind of tricks can I do to make the headlight more effective? Original one wont do the job.. Is 7'' enough, or should I search for bigger ones? Or is there some cheats, how to make the world brighter in the dark? I think even Honda Hornet is having better headlight. I live in Estonia (next to FIN), thats why I need more light to drive at nights..
Thanks for answering,
Qngi

Last edited:
Hi!
I have a little problem since I bought mr.(or mrs.).Max. What kind of tricks can I do to make the headlight more effective? Original one wont do the job.. Is 7'' enough, or should I search for bigger ones? Or is there some cheats, how to make the world brighter in the dark? I think even Honda Hornet is having better headlight. I live in Estonia (next to FIN), thats why I need more light to drive at nights..
Thanks for answering,
Qngi

Check this thread http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=8470&highlight=today&page=223 post #2224.

vmax2extreme just did an HID headlight mod that you might be interested in.

just a silverstar ultra works well for me.

I fitted a Hornet headlamp onto mine - they use 2 x fog light type bulbs so a conventional connector won't fit.
The fog lamp loom off a Mondeo does the trick though.

It's cool I can talk to a Vmax guy from Estonia! I run a 7" light from Vmaxbits from the UK with an 100/80 watt bulb. Plus I have Piaa brand driving lights on the forks. I can ride with one or the other because each is that bright! Running both is awesome so I get to lead the pack at night. No battery drain issues at all.

It's cool I can talk to a Vmax guy from Estonia! I run a 7" light from Vmaxbits from the UK with an 100/80 watt bulb. Plus I have Piaa brand driving lights on the forks. I can ride with one or the other because each is that bright! Running both is awesome so I get to lead the pack at night. No battery drain issues at all.

The headlight you bought is just like this one, right?

I know someone that has one for sale in mint condition.

Attachments

• SS850038.jpg
    SS850038.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 23
  • SS850041.jpg
    SS850041.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 25
  • SS850040.jpg
    SS850040.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 23
  • SS850039.jpg
    SS850039.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 21
100/80 bulb.. hmm.. hopefully the bucket won't melt. but speaking about Vmax fans from EST- there are unfortunately not so many of them here.. not more than 10 maybe. I personally got the Maxxie from UK- so problem is, that headlight will switch on automatically after turning the key. if you wait a bit with starting the engine, then the battery will say "ciao". :p
but I will think about your suggestions.. thanks, friends! btw. sry about wrong topic, but does anyone know, from where can I buy carb. diaphragms cheap?? classical problem..

Funny you should mention the light being turned on by the key. Being a European light, it has the 5 watt parking bulb that is always on. Vmaxbits that sold me my light also sell the handlebar switch so the light does not come on until I switch it on but that being said, I start up with my light on all the time and have never toasted anything ever! I have the heavy duty wiring kit on my bike so maybe that helps in some way.

Hey there Bob! Yes that looks just like my housing but I cannot tell if your picture was a black bucket or all chrome like mine? I got the chrome stamped steel clamp on mounts to hang it on. By the way, I never had a heat problem in my bucket or on the plug for the bulb. So I have the big bucket, with the "Maxlight" 100/80 option. I know it works because cars flash their bright at me even during the day! By the way Bob, send me the particulars about the contact you have for this
headlight. If the price is right, I may be interested. Patmax

Hi!
Thanks for answering,
Qngi

One word sums it up

HID's!!!

I upgrade the bulb to just an HID 55w 6000k Hi/Lo setup and its like night and day in my stock housing. No heating issues what so ever! I was contemplating upgrading to a larger/different housing, but forget that, for a mere $50 I light up the world super bright WHITE now! why spend a few hundred when you don't have to? I have included a pic of the bike lite up in my fully dark garage. That's just the low beam!

Just my 2 cents here........

Attachments

• vmax_dark.jpg
    vmax_dark.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 37
Wow.. HID is looking really damn' bright! thanks for advice- I will try your tip first. autumn is already here and I can test the results right away.

Gday all.
Gets dark out here too. I went with a big old chrome housing for a Harley that takes a normal automotive 7" round insert, made a bit of steel to hold the standard Harley mount, bolted it to the standard light position on the lower tree. Insert is a multi-facet reflector made by Britax (UK), and then threw in a 60/55 Tungsram Plus60, also marketed by Britax.
Just to make damn sure of it all, I then mounted a 4.5" Arlen-style round spotlight over it, between the front indicators, and I'm waiting for the H3 HID conversion kit to get here for it.
Those damn roos don't stand a chance!

Back