How Many and What Bikes Have You Owned.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My PreMax love affair, what was your's?

My first bike was a 1973 Honda CB750K. That thing was a hoot to ride. I never got any pics of the thing before I wrecked it.

Soon after that I picked up a 1983 CB1000C. The bike was near mint when I got it. I had it through college but couldn't afford to keep it (storage, insurance, etc) when I graduated.

Fast forward 5 years (with no bike) and my idiot father ends up in a hospital near death. Since the azzhole was supposed to die (or spend the remainder of his days as a vegetable in a nursing home), we sold his house and split his belongings up . Since I was the only one who rode I got his 2003 Honda VTX 1800. The bike handled like a mule with a broken leg (obscenely top heavy and the FI was very no throttle or full throttle which made low speed maneuvers interesting), but it had an intoxicating intake sound, was super comfy and it had two wheels. It also would do some kick ass burnouts.

After the asshole recovered (I believe he is immortal) he of course wanted his stuff back, and out went the VTX after 9 months of quasi-ownership (If he would have died, it would have been mine). After getting the 'itch' back, I decided it was time to get another bike and bought the V-Max.

Love Affair? I would say the 1983 CB1100F. I have wanted this bike since I first bought my 750K, but I don't know if I would trade my Max for one.

Going out on a limb here... I am guessing that you and your father don't get along to well...:ummm: :surprise:

I didn't invite him to my wedding. I think that's enough said.

My first bike was a 1973 Honda CB750K. That thing was a hoot to ride. I never got any pics of the thing before I wrecked it.

Soon after that I picked up a 1983 CB1000C. The bike was near mint when I got it. I had it through college but couldn't afford to keep it (storage, insurance, etc) when I graduated.

View attachment 1031 View attachment 1032

Fast forward 5 years (with no bike) and my idiot father ends up in a hospital near death. Since the azzhole was supposed to die (or spend the remainder of his days as a vegetable in a nursing home), we sold his house and split his belongings up . Since I was the only one who rode I got his 2003 Honda VTX 1800. The bike handled like a mule with a broken leg (obscenely top heavy and the FI was very no throttle or full throttle which made low speed maneuvers interesting), but it had an intoxicating intake sound, was super comfy and it had two wheels. It also would do some kick ass burnouts.
View attachment 1033 View attachment 1034

After the asshole recovered (I believe he is immortal) he of course wanted his stuff back, and out went the VTX after 9 months of quasi-ownership (If he would have died, it would have been mine). After getting the 'itch' back, I decided it was time to get another bike and bought the V-Max.
View attachment 1036

Love Affair? I would say the 1983 CB1100F. I have wanted this bike since I first bought my 750K, but I don't know if I would trade my Max for one.
View attachment 1035

Did you ever see my cb1100f?

Attachments

• 76_12.jpg
    76_12.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 22

Past bikes: 1967 Honda 305 Scrambler, 1970 Rokon Trailbreaker (2-wheel drive!), 1971 Honda 90, 1972 Kawasaki 350 F9 dirt bike, 1974 Honda 550, 1975 Honda 750 Supersport, 1979 Honda XR500 dirt bike, 1983 Honda XR500, 1986 Yamaha Big Wheel, another 1975 Honda 550, 2000 Harley Sportster, 2001 Ducati 900S

Among this list I wish I still had the 305 and the Ducati. :confused2:

Current bikes: 1997 Honda Valkyrie, 2003 V-Max, 2005 Kawasaki KRL650 dirt bike

Unfortunately it looks like a summer of working 80 hr weeks and the bikes are getting neglected. :damn angry: The V-Max needs tires, but I won't do that until I can get around to doing the shotgun 'cause it's running like crap. Used to be working on my own bikes was fun and therapeutic, but this fleet maintenance is just a PITA. Looks like a need a motoring staff like Jay Leno. :eusa_dance:

Did you ever see my cb1100f?

I think that I may have seen pictures of that bike before, but never realized it was an 1100F. I would imagine that one of those bikes in good shape now would cost a bloody fortune IF you could find one. Honda seemed to have a thing with the one year wonders back then. The 1000c was only made in 1983 as well (at least in that configuration).

First bike was a 73' Kawasaki S2. Damn fun little bike. I wold love to get a nother 2 stroke. Poor bike was i pieces when I let her go. In the right hand side of the pic you can see the Vmax rim with the Good Year car slick on it.

Attachments

• s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 20
Old bike photos

I was scanning in some older photos.............

The quad is a 86 quadracer 250, and I was probably 17

The GSXR1100 was an 87, and the GPz1100 was an 82
the photo was probably around 90

I still wish I had them all!

quad.jpg

oldbikes.jpg

Re: Old bike photos

My old Maxim. It was an 81 XJ650. I had my cousin paint it for me. Rebuilt the engine at 28,000 miles. Sold it last summer so I could make a down payment on my Vmax. Wish I could have kept it. The thing was so easy to troubleshoot.

Attachments

• old bike 2.jpg
    old bike 2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Old Bike.jpg
    Old Bike.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 24

Dang, those were some hoopty bars on that maxim! I've still got all my bikes. Need to get some pics eventually. I learned to ride on my moms 80 650 Maxim then beat the hell out of my dads 750 Maxim.

My first bike was a 650 Seca Turbo. I'll probably try and resurrect it sometime this summer. It's been 10 years since the bike has made it out of the garage. It's been through 4 or 5 750 engines and I have a 900 seca engine for it now! Should make 150rwhp with the turbo mods we have. That thing is scary to ride! Crappy brakes and suspension make the Vmax look like an R1 for handling.

Sean Morley

This is my first bike. Interesting one to learn on. 2000 Triumph Sprint RS. After 4 years of using that as a daily driver. I know have a truck to drive and a Max to play on.

Attachments

• triumph sprint rs 006.jpg
    triumph sprint rs 006.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 10
  • triumph sprint rs 009.jpg
    triumph sprint rs 009.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 16
  • triumph sprint rs 010.jpg
    triumph sprint rs 010.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 12

How about my first street bike[enduro] when I was 14 Yamaha DT 175

Attachments

• lastscan-3.jpg
    lastscan-3.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 20

That GPz looks like a 550. Those are cool as hell.

Mike

nope, It's an 1100

they all looked similar (550 & 750)

It still had the fuel injection when I sold it.

the 550s had a unitrack rear and more swoopy sidecovers

I have some larger photos of both bikes I'll post up in a bit.

Scanned polaroids My 80' XS1100 Midnight Special.

It had race ported head, SS valves, Falicon Crank, Steel Rods, Race prepped Trans, MRE Lockup Clutch, 38mm Carbs, NOS, Forged Pistons and was chain converted by Civetello of madmax shortly after picture was taken.

Attachments

• XS_1.jpg
    XS_1.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 14
  • XS_2.jpg
    XS_2.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 24

Dang, those were some hoopty bars on that maxim! I've still got all my bikes. Need to get some pics eventually. I learned to ride on my moms 80 650 Maxim then beat the hell out of my dads 750 Maxim.

My first bike was a 650 Seca Turbo. I'll probably try and resurrect it sometime this summer. It's been 10 years since the bike has made it out of the garage. It's been through 4 or 5 750 engines and I have a 900 seca engine for it now! Should make 150rwhp with the turbo mods we have. That thing is scary to ride! Crappy brakes and suspension make the Vmax look like an R1 for handling.

Sean Morley

HAHA Yeah I know, The bike fell over in the garage one day when I was working on it and I had to order a new set of handlebars for it since they got all bent up. The motorcycle graveyard here didn't have any replacements from a junked maxim and I wasn't going to pay $65 from the dealer (I was still in college at the time).
So my sister bought me those ones for me as a b-day gift. I had to cut-off 4 inches on each side because the brake hose and accelerator cables wouldn't reach. Really easy to ride though. Handled alot better after I changed the fork oil to a 15wt.

Thad Sherwood

here is a couple of each, closer this time

GPz2.jpg

GPz1.jpg

GSXR1.jpg

gsxr2.jpg

Oh, yeah. Definitely an 1100. It looked to me like a first year 550, whiach had dual shocks and the little bikini fairing. Very cool bike!

Mike

A few more pictures this time its of my old Goldwing Aspencade and '05 Chopper from Daytona Custom Works.

Attachments

• Goldwing.jpg
    Goldwing.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 14
  • Chopper1.jpg
    Chopper1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 18
  • kjschop.jpg
    kjschop.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 13
Back