I believe in ufo's!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pittnathan

Reaction score
Just installed my ufo dragster system and ditched the cobra's. What can I say; Its like a different bike already. Much more low down grunt and mid-range than before.... and the noise! It sounds like nothing I've ever heard! Only way to describe it is pi##ed off NASCAR noise. Absolutley awsome. Might drive me mad on long runs though. Gonna get the bhp tested and if I'm not happy install a morley muscle kit!

Enjoy man...I love mine & the people that you ride with will get tired of it b4 you do

B#ll#cks to them! I love it. Best noise I've heard since the birth of my child

I've never heard a UFO system. I personally wouldnt trade my Kerker 4-1 for anything. But we're back to " to each his own" but anything is a big improvement over a cobra system, you actually LOSE HP with the Cobra. So enjoy your bike the way it's supposed to be LOUD and FAST!!! Even though people riding behind you won't dig it but that's just the way it goes.

See now this is what I love about the max. There are so many damn different options to go with! I have a set of marks that I love, and I doubt I will be willing to spend money to replace them. Paying once is enough for a set of pipes thank you. :p

Anyhow good on you for finding a set of pipes you like.

As far as hearing them, just do a video and upload it to youtube and link! Lets see/hear what your working with!

I say let them know your coming and when you go by that will also let them know you gone. I live in a subdivision that has two exits and my wife knows which one I came in and about what gear I was using also. She can hear me enter either side and all the way through the subdivision lol. My neighbour ask that I try to be home before 11pm, her bed room is near my drive way and when my max is between our houses the windows hum with the bike lol.

Funny how we're all different.. I just bought a bike that came with a Kerker 4-1 and no center stand, and I had the pipes swapped for OEM and the center stand tabs welded back on! I actually like a quiet bike, and to get it imported into Oz it needed to have its OEM exhaust fitted..
But, I have a pair of Holeshot slip-ons (much like Jardine's) on their way already :) Less weight, much better sound, but still not so loud. Just to my taste!

Had my first decent blast on my UFO vmax today. It sure does turn heads. Nearly blew my ear drums going through a tunnel though! Wouldn't mind toning it down a little if it were possible. Can packing be put in or do buy ear plugs and hope not to pass a police car!

I think guys have packed the baffle with a little more than what is in there.....dont worry about the cops its not a moving violation:punk:

A couple of days ago I installed a set of megaphone with the 1.5 inch end caps. before that I was running the slash cut on my 4 into 2 system.

The megs are not quite as rowdy sounding as the slash cut, but they still have that real nice rumble to them.

A top notch quality product.

I'm getting the same pipes with the bigger caps. Are you thinking you should have ordered the 2.5's ?. Man, would love to hear it somehow.

I'm getting the same pipes with the bigger caps. Are you thinking you should have ordered the 2.5's ?. Man, would love to hear it somehow.

I was the camerman in this video & its the first time it ran in 2 years & its a slash cut 4-1.... its either gonna hole you over till you get yours or make you want it more:eusa_dance:

http://vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=23165

I have the UFO 4-1 Dragstar exhaust on my max and I love the sound, and people routinely ask me the strangest questions and statements such as (these are all true):

"WHAT the F*K kind of bike is THAT!!"

"do you have a car engine in that"
"that sounds like its qualifying on the drag strip"
"is that legal?"
"sounds like a cammed out small block"
"Holy S*it that is nasty"
I asked one guy at the local bike shop what his opinion was on the sound of the bike and all he said was "Angry"
I love the over the top sound of this exhaust, because I like my exhausts loud and screw the drivers in Virginia :10_6_8: they are sooo bad because you get people from all over the country all going to DC.
You get two things from people when you have an exhaust like this
1. Thumbs up :thumbs up:
2. Flipped Off :double angry bird:

At the dragstrip you only get one :biglaugh::punk: Ok two. Everyone that talk to me asked about the UFO pipe's. The more i run the UFO'S the more i like them.

I understand that mike I do like mine, and I know that it is not the most tunable or gives the best HP return but unless I am getting payed to race it I really don't care about those issues the VMax looks mean and I want it to sound mean also. plus I am not a fan of the can style of exhaust on a V-4 bike. that is just my personal view, and I respect others view points except that blue VMax that CaptinKyle is parting out that is one awful looking Max!

I feel my bike is tuned good and we will see what the hp is soon. (DYNO-TIME). That remind's me of a tv show. LOL.......Mike

Back