I'd like to confirm if what I think is correct

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
will a 240 fit on the stock 18" rear wheel without any special things having to be done for it to fit.
My thought is the 240 will fit on the stock 18" wheel and all it does is give a different look no other benefits. Am I correct?

The profile will become too distorted for the 240 to safely mount on the stock wheel. You need the wider wheel for it to fit properly.

Thanks, I thought I read that that it would fit on a stock wheel. I was wrong I like the look but to pay for the bigger wheel and lose HP , Not a good idea.

Thanks everyone!!

I was always told mounting a wider tire than the factory spec was a no-no. The bike is designed to have a certain size/width tire on it and deviating from that compromises the handling. They do look cool though!!

Yes, it was a thought I had because I like the look but after the replies for members I respect and some I don't know I now know it is a bad idea. So now it's off my want list. Thanks for sharing your view also.

I went to a 200 width rear radial and a few other mods which helped the handling on Redbone tremendously. The majority of the improvement falls on the addition of radials, braced swingarm and solid motor mounts for sure.

Back