I'm addicted

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mac68

Reaction score
Well got some work done on the 85 vmax today that i traded for and got some test runs in today. I've still got some issues to work out but it's running better slowly but surely as i fix and adjust everything. It ran awesome when the vboost kicked in i'm pretty sure i got a wheelie in second and the tire turned over when i hit 3rd. Ok now i'm a vboost junkie and addicted. Can't wait to get all the bugs worked out.

What bugs? Steering issues, idle, start, charging?

When in doubt...Gas it !!!

My main concern right now is it's jerking in 1st gear only with a load on it all the other gears are fine. It'll catch then jerk,catch ,jerk the more load you put on it. So i can't really get on it till second gear. Has new gear oil and is full. It's running a little rough around 3.5-4k I synced the carbs today and made it better, just added some seafoam as well to clean the system out. I haven't got around to checking the voltage etc yet that is next on the list.

Yeah, once I got my bike in tune, I was hooked as well. The Max is a BEAST!!!
pinkiecrazy.png

Try adjusting the shifter. You can also hold down on the shifter and see if that keeps it in gear. First gear to go bad isn't common but it does happen.

Ok Sean will do, there could be something bent as well because it has been down on that side at one point and time in it's life the shifter is bent and welded back together. Walked out to a puddle of antifreeze and i had just changed it. It's coming out of the pipe joint going to water pump, then lost back brakes. This may turn into a winter project so i can get everything fixed back to where it should be, oh well i have felt the power and will keep after it.

Back