Is Modifying a Anniversary Edition a mortal sin?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You wouldn't be doing anything that hasn't already been done to one probably lol!

The Anniversary edition is basically a badge on the faux tank so if it is paint/body mods then get a second body set and leave yours in stock form.

Your bike, your mods.

Sets of replacement bodywork let you change your look anytime. "Buster" is right.

As long as you don't cut it up and the mods can be "undone". There are too many other un notable Vmaxes for that. Save them stock parts too!

When in doubt...Gas it !!!

I agree with the above. I would keep the body work intact, everything else is open season. Plenty of spare body parts around if you want different paint.

It is my thought that an 05 should be kept as close to stock as possible. It is a very desirable year and will hold it's value as a stocker to a much higher degree.

O

It is my thought that an 05 should be kept as close to stock as possible. It is a very desirable year and will hold it's value as a stocker to a much higher degree.

O

If you want to sell in at some later date, (I do not know why you would) save all you stock parts that way you could turn it back to a "stock" bike. But at the end of it all it yours. As someone signature says "This is my V-Max with me it is completed, without me it is just a bike" Make the bike yours.

I think the '85 is kinda collectible too.
I am storing all my original parts for that reason. It can be returned to stock in 20 years if thats what someone wants.
Until then, IT'S MINE!!! :biglaugh:

Bikes just don't seem to have the same collectible value as cars do so by not mod'ing it you aren't going to make a huge amount of money in 20 years. BUT, buy a second one to mod!

Sean

Personally,I wouldn't think of changing the paint on my '05 but everything else is fair game.:biglaugh: I would say keep any stock parts you take off though.
Mike

Bikes just don't seem to have the same collectible value as cars do so by not mod'ing it you aren't going to make a huge amount of money in 20 years. BUT, buy a second one to mod!

Sean

I do agree but im no example. The monkey is so powerful that i had to mess with both... :rofl_200:

Keep all the original parts and don't make any mods that can't be reversed. That way you can go back to stock if you decide to sell it later.

Does anyone really think that a stock '05 is going to be worth more than a modified one in their lifetime? A stock '85 isn't bringing top dollar 25+ years later.

Hell no, it's just a Vmax, dime a dozen....

Does anyone really think that a stock '05 is going to be worth more than a modified one in their lifetime? A stock '85 isn't bringing top dollar 25+ years later.

Just what I was thinkin'. these bikes are NEVER going to be worth more than they are today, unless you have an origanal '85 in MINT! condition for a collection somewhere.

Just make it your own I say. Have fun with it.

The only way that an 85 or 05 will be a collectible bike is all stock very little or no miles on it - even than I don't think it will fetch a big $$$.

So if you plan on riding your 05 and racking up the miles, I would not worry about it becoming a collectible bike.

Mike

They only made 2000 of the 2005. I think the color alone makes the 05, not to mention that it's the "anniversary" year. That being said, I would pay more for a 05 than any other year. IMO, of course!

Latest posts

Back