kuryakn grips

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonerdave

Reaction score
Hey all

I am looking at some Kuryakn grips and the model number is 6235. I can't figure out if they will fit my 7/8" drag bars or if they are meant for 1" bars. Anyone know?

The site does not list VMax with the 6235 - it says to get 6241 for universal 7/8" installation. You put the 6235's on a buddy's Vmax with 7/8" bars??? Thanks man

I sell the kuryakyns and they make the proper 7/8" grips in that style and the flame style. I may have both on hand. I like the flame style as they are flatter and not humped up so much.

Sean

The 6235's are for 1" bars. Found that out just after the auction ended by me winning it. I guess that's what you get for trying to jump on something that looks like a deal. Ah well - learn the hard way... Sean I may be in touch with you soon about your grips ;)

Well, we are making a custom bar to let us put 1" controls and grips on a modified 7/8" bar.

Sean

The 6235's are for 1" bars. Found that out just after the auction ended by me winning it. I guess that's what you get for trying to jump on something that looks like a deal. Ah well - learn the hard way... Sean I may be in touch with you soon about your grips ;)

You could always go to your local bike shop get some plastic throttle bodies whack the ends off them slide them on and put grips on over top that will change bars from 7/8 to 1' . :punk:

Good in theory but you need to keep the grip on the left side stable. So you could try gluing the spacer on the left side and then glue the grip to it. We did get some bar material we are using to do the same thing but will be welding the spacers to the bar.

Sean

Not sure what the diff is other then maybe the cable pull section.

Sean

so what about the kuryakyn 6241's? the medium length ISO-grips for 7/8" bars, will they work on the max stock bars? i wanna get drag bars for my max anyway so maybe i should just wait and put them on the drag bars huh... i bought a set of the 6241's a few years ago at Thunder in the Valley off the kuryakyn guys for $69.99 because i am tired of the vibration in the stock grips...

They do fit and I have them in stock most of the time. 15% off retail ($74.99 retail) plus shipping. I like them better then the ISO's since they are flat (I don't like the bumps but some do).

Sean

Back