looking for a H.I.D Headlight guru

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mike, how would you compare my silverstar ultra setup to your HID setup?

I am going to do this as well...which option do we need to choose for 'bulb type'?

Still need to know what to do 35w or 55w. It looks like most motorcycle's go with 35w. I want my light to be vary blue and give me better light at night. so im hoping the 35w will do this.

I say if you want to light up all of God's creation and don't care about your battery load go with the 55w If low load on the battery is your priority go with the 35w. I think the modders will all agree that either way is a significant improvement over stock halogen

Sent from my Tapatalking Hercules Android

35w is very bright in an HID.

As for color, the more "blue" it is, the less usable light you'll have. Go with the 4300K or 5000K if you want the most effective lighting for night time riding. Look up lighting color charts - you'll see the the lower numbers like 3000K are into the yellow spectrum, and the higher number like 7000K are purplish.

For reference in the image below, on my Triumph Sprint, I run a 3000K on the right (yellow to be noticed by cars), and 4500K on the left (to light up the road).

Haven't upgraded the Vmax yet, but I'll go with a 35W 4500K hi/lo. Too many other mods ahead of that though, and not enough time and $!!

Attachments

• 150155.jpg
    150155.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 17
What I want to know is a 35watt 12k blue h.I.d going to be brighter than stock and of so how much brighter.

Mike,

I think you need to do some web searching to answer your question. For example, I just came across this link:
http://www.intellexual.net/hid.html#bulbs

Also, perhaps call DDM or another vendor to ask what you need to, and please report back what you learn!

Cheers!

i have looked everywhere for HID green 8000 h4 lighting kit for my vmax and cant find it. got any idea's.

8000k is more blue.
For green you want to play around in the 3500k range, or HJ.

colortemp.jpg

hidxenonlamphidextremco.jpg

I thought 3000k was yellow. I will never understand HID. LOL. Im after neon green but i dont want it to be a dark neon green. Im looking for a med neon green. The one kj found say's its green and it is a good price but i want to make sure i get it right.

I'm going with the 55w/ 5000k setup. I want/ need all the usable light in front of me as possible. All of my lights (brake/ turnsignal/ running lights) are of the LED variety so I have some voltage space to play with. If need be I will add the newer R/R but my OEM is works fine.

I am confused, do the HID lights use more or less power. I understand that they are brighter but do they use more than a regular headlight?

Correct me if I am wrong here, but a 55watt system uses 55 watts whether it is a halogen bulb or a HID bulb. I think the HID uses the same amount of power as the stock bulb which is 55/65 watt. If you are using the 100 watt halogen then the 55 watt HID would use less. I am using a Piaa super white 55w/65w that i like. Honestly, i try not to ride at night!! To many deer in Arkansas

KJ amazon xentec is alot cheeper than xtreme-hids do you know if xtreme-hid are better? or can you tell if its the same light kit. I know i want digital but thats abou all i know. LOL. Thanks for the help...........Mike

Latest posts

Back