Marks, or not?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ouchez

Reaction score
I have a stock 05 that just turned 20,000 miles and it runs flawless and very strong.

I have always had a desire for a Marks 4-2 exhaust but do not want to screw with my carbs or lessen the performance of my 05.

My desire for the Marks is for the weight loss, sound and looks, I am very happy with the power of my Max as it is now.

If I were to install a Marks with 14 or 16 inch cans, 1 and a half to 1 and 3/4 openings with down turns, what are the thoughts on this site, from you experts, that I could do so without altering my carbs in any way and still have the fine running machine I have at present. I have had my 05 since new.

O

You will have to adjust idle mixture at least.
I was pretty happy with my Marks system before I put the jet kit in.

go at least with 2" outlets. i strongly urge you to consider at least 2 1/4". like baz said idle mix at least, but that sooooooo simple--prolly 1/2 a turn at most. as far as needles--more than likely you WON'T have to tweak. and as for jets, even more so that you WON'T have to mess with them.

don't think twice about getting a set. you won't regret it.

good luck.

You could bolt a set of pipes on and run them as is but the bike won't be running as good as it should be and will most likely pop a little bit in the mid range. A needle shim and mixture screw adjustment is the minimum amount of work required to get it going the way it should.

honestly? save the $$ and buy some cazz wheels. i'd suggest radials over an exhaust/jet kit espcially if you don't want ot mess with carbs!

Back