Middle Gear cover crush washer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdinkelman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Offhand, does anyone know the dimensions of the crush washer on the bottom bolt of the middle gear cover? Mine seems to be weeping slightly and I wanted to replace it.

Thanks!!

.434" O.D. x .235" I.D. x .041" thick.

Just happen to have a new one in package.

Gary

That has to be one of the biggest PITA's on the Vmax... I used Brass and RTV'd the stupid thing. Held up for about a year now... Good Luck... Leave it to Gary to know the exact size....:worthy::clapping:

You normally don't need to buy a new one - heat it to a dull red then drop into water. (Re-anneal)

This will soften the copper which will then conform to the shape of the cover/ fastener.

Note you can also do this to banjo bolts!

I've re-used mine several times with no issues. I didn't even use a gasket, just Yamabond. (or Threebond 1194, which is Yamabond 4 in the original manufacturer's packaging)

Be careful when you re-anneal it. I was doing some while holding with a oair of needle nose in what I thought was a delicate and finesseful manner and it collapsed on me cause I was squeezing to hard, rookie mistake, but it was the first time I ever tried it...

Back