Mods Finished-For now ;)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auggie_1970

Reaction score
Ok mod monkey got a hold of me and just finished up with getting everything finished up...Got the scoops and covers back from Sean a few days ago so couldnt wait to ride..

Here's some things I did..I'll post a more detailed post explaining in detail what I did so that anyone looking to do similar stuff will have something to reference. I'll include the parts I used as well to save some time shoping around..

1) Replaced turn signals front and back with Harrison Specialty lights. Amber in front, red in rear. Soldered up a wiring harness to allow me to convert rear into running lights and to run some of the other lights I added as well. Goal was to keep original harness in tack.

2) Added Custom dynamic flasher and diode kit to make the led lights work.

3) Modified the rear reflector to house the Custom Dynamic Knight Rider light. Came out sweet...looks very clean. I made up a jig when doing this so I can bang out a bunch for anyone interested. I think this design came out great and I'm going to make some up to sell to anyone looking to add some visiblity in the rear.

4) Fabricated a license plate bracket out of a sheet of stainless and added the Custom dynamics lighted plate braket. I included a little bracket on top to house another led brake light(not shown)

5) Had Sean chrome the side covers and scoops...

Attachments

• Front ShotC.jpg
    Front ShotC.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 52
  • Rear shotC.jpg
    Rear shotC.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Rear BrakeC.jpg
    Rear BrakeC.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 46
  • BracketC.jpg
    BracketC.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Side C.jpg
    Side C.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 62
Loox great!! Love the blinkers, and the tail looks way cleaner this way too!

Next your monkey's gonna be asking for decent tires...

Thanks, yes I agree, these tires are shot...Been reading up on here and looks like 170's for the rear and I'll stick with stock in the front. Leaning to Metzler's but the Shinko prices have me interested as well. Local shops around here quoted me 45 bucks per wheel to mount and balance. Thats with me bringing in the wheels off the bike .

Shinkos are the way to go - cheap and very sticky. Usually the best deal (inc. shipping) is from BikeBandit.com. I would do both Fr and Rr, it makes a BIG difference, especially in the wet!

$45 per wheel is VERY expensive - I usually give the stealers about $50 for both wheels inc. balance. You might want to find a tire shop that does bikes, they're always way cheaper than bike stealers.

Latest posts

Back