Most likely selling my 2015 Vmax in Spring

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck with your latest decision. I am a little on the wishy washy side myself when it comes to bikes. I have only been riding 10 years, and am on my 13th bike. I have owned everything from 600cc sport bikes, to a zx14, to sport touring bikes, to Muscle cruisers (M109R), to finally 2 can am spdyers. I currently have a 2014 spyder RT for the wife and I to take longer trips on, and a 2012 RSS that I picked up to ride solo and hit the twisties with. This fall, I went to the spyder rally, and did my fastest time yet on the Dragon following 3 sport bikes. At the end of the run, they agreed that, even though we were held up 3 times by slower bikes, that they were surprised and how fast this could be. I decided I wanted something a little faster and picked up the RSS. Now, after owning all the other bikes, I must say that under 110 mph, there is no better feeling than riding this thing. I might (probably will) pick up another 2 wheeler, but at my age and confidence level, this is the scoot for me.
Good luck in whatever you decide.
Every time I have seen a Can Am Spyder I have wondered if I'd like one, they are different for sure. They look cool and I would imagine if I ever got to the point where I was thinking of buying a Gold Wing ( a travel bike with all the bells and whistles I'd have to think about a Can Am Spyder too.

Thanks for your reply

I took a Spyder for a ride at Thunder a few years ago... I couldn't wait to get off the damn thing. Maybe I was putting too much "motorcycle skill set" into riding it, but in my opinion, it was evil handling. Oddly enough, the particular machine I rode burst into flames the next day in the lot where they were giving the test rides! The video is online..

I took a Spyder for a ride at Thunder a few years ago... I couldn't wait to get off the damn thing. Maybe I was putting too much "motorcycle skill set" into riding it, but in my opinion, it was evil handling. Oddly enough, the particular machine I rode burst into flames the next day in the lot where they were giving the test rides! The video is online..

That's an omen if I ever heard one Bill. Long live the Gen 1.

Last edited:
Glad you decided to keep the bike, my thoughts;
It has a throttle. use it just to ride the bike not scare the hell out of yourself ! Most bikes these days can scare you.
I would never try to move a bike around on anything other than its own tires, there just to unstable. I am 6-1 220 and reasonable strong, so I can physical do it most of the time, but it only takes one screw up to hurt yourself. Now if i need to move a bike, i sit on it.
Install the stock exhaust back on the bike so it's quiet. You won't be as tempted to crack open the throttle on a quiet bike. Not to mention the ride is more enjoyable. IMHO. Stock is not that quiet.
The Gen 2 is a great bike, smooth riding, great handling, plenty of passing power, and great brakes enjoy it as an adult most of the time so the occasional 20 year old relapse wont cause night mares.
My 2 cents

So sorry to hear that about your wife,My advise is follow your heart,All the bikes in the world won't matter,When something happens to the one you love.

So sorry to hear that about your wife,My advise is follow your heart,All the bikes in the world won't matter,When something happens to the one you love.

Thanks, I am going with my heart, the problem is I keep changing my mind. I own the bike with no lien so I really don't NEED to sell it I just wonder if I will ride it enough to make it worth keeping. Of course whenever I do anything on this forum the few feel the need to attack me. Sorry if everyone thinks I hijacked the thread.

I doubt most think that it is those few who look for any of my posts to attack. I haven't posted in months then I try one and they pounce .....

FYI the only reason I mentioned I would be willing to sell my VMAX is because someone said something about missing a 2010....

I may be missing something here, but how could Ron be hijacking a thread he started?

Ok, I found the supposed "hijack".... Looked more like a comment than a hijack to me.

I may be missing something here, but how could Ron be hijacking a thread he started?

LOL no worries Bill, you know as much as I do there are a few who will attack me whenever I post anything. Instead of getting pissed off like I did at the other forum and getting banned I just don't pay attention to them.

The only thing I can say is at least itgoes is a supporter of this forum the other one wasn't...

yeah I hijacked the thread I started to offer my VMAX for sale...LOl go figure

Hope you are doing well!!

Sounds like you drove the dreaded 2013 model. They did have some heat issues (to say the least). The issue with most new spyder owners is that they put too much effort into driving it. When I first bought my 2014 RT, I thought I had made a $20k mistake. It will take about 300-500 miles to get used to it. As time goes on, it will become very comfortable. Now it is second nature.

I realize I will get some crap for being so unsure about selling my VMAX, To be honest I would say the same to someone who was as unsure as I have been.

I made up my mind that I will be selling my 2015 this spring. I plan to take some good pic's and list it on Ebay and of course most people on here would have first shot at it.

Back