Need more power !

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Kratzenberg

Reaction score
I am in search of more power...

Here are my 3 options:
What should i do?

(1) I found someone selling a 1470 longrod
It's a 98 block
It has pcw cams, clutch.
venture trans
Ported and polished heads
with about 12,000 miles on it.
He never raced or abused the motor, and he said it's basically an animal...
He is parting out his bike cause he bought an 09.
The only trouble he had was getting the carbs working perfectly.
He got them running good but not perfect.
He spared no expense when he had this motor built.
He will sell it for about half the money he has invested in it.

(2) option 2 would be go with a nos setup.
It would be much cheaper, and i would have some extra power when i need it.

(3) Third option would be leave it stock, Because really it's powerful the way it is. Do i need more power?:ummm: and the answer is YES! so forget option 3

I am in search of more power...

Here are my 3 options:
What should i do?

(1) I found someone selling a 1470 longrod
It's a 98 block
It has pcw cams, clutch.
venture trans
Ported and polished heads
with about 12,000 miles on it.
He never raced or abused the motor, and he said it's basically an animal...
He is parting out his bike cause he bought an 09.
The only trouble he had was getting the carbs working perfectly.
He got them running good but not perfect.
He spared no expense when he had this motor built.
He will sell it for about half the money he has invested in it.

(2) option 2 would be go with a nos setup.
It would be much cheaper, and i would have some extra power when i need it.

(3) Third option would be leave it stock, Because really it's powerful the way it is. Do i need more power?:ummm: and the answer is YES! so forget option 3

Bill...you know, and I know, which way you're gonna go!! So I'll be the friend that I am and support you completely!!!

Besides....it's a no-brainer!!..............Option 1!!! (Of course) :punk:

danny

40 shot of nos is what I run and TRUST ME it makes the bike ALOT faster! I can't imagine you thinking you would need more than that...

ah c'mon Bill you know what will happen...

you'll go with option 1, then just add NOS to it! :biglaugh::clapping::rocket bike:

Still got my 1500 (both of them) for sale. One's pretty extreme with chaindrive and the other a bit more like a tourmaster with bigger cams.

Sean

why not option 1 with option 2? i would also def ask sean as well about his and compare costs.

if u got the engine or did the NOS or both, would u do either yourself or a local shop?

There's no replacement for displacement... You WILL lose some reliability that stock gives you though. Just keep that in mind.

If it's a toy and you don't care I say go for it, but if you plan on touring with it, I would think twice about it before pulling the trigger.

Why not go with all 3 options? Keep your stock bike stock. Buy a second bike and trick it out with the bigger cc's and nitrous.

why not option 1 with option 2? i would also def ask sean as well about his and compare costs.

if u got the engine or did the NOS or both, would u do either yourself or a local shop?

Yes i will talk to sean about his motors for sale.

I'm done with the local shops, I would have a local guy from pittsburgh do it while i assited him and learned as we go. He knows and tunes vmaxes all the time and i would trust him any day of the week versus a local shop that never works on vmaxes.

Why not go with all 3 options? Keep your stock bike stock. Buy a second bike and trick it out with the bigger cc's and nitrous.

Thought of buying a rocket 3 just for me and my wife to tour on and keep the max just for me to ride, but i haven't found the right deal yet.

ah c'mon Bill you know what will happen...

you'll go with option 1, then just add NOS to it! :biglaugh::clapping::rocket bike:

That might happen but i have a feeling that the 1470 will be plenty without nos.

Not a bad idea though:hmmm:

Yes i will talk to sean about his motors for sale.

I'm done with the local shops, I would have a local guy from pittsburgh do it while i assited him and learned as we go. He knows and tunes vmaxes all the time and i would trust him any day of the week versus a local shop that never works on vmaxes.

i follow. makes sense to me. this maybe an odd idea, but could u find an '09 for sale and try to sell yours/trade it in?

my only thoughts is it is older, so i mean chances of osmething happening grow every day (altho not likely). plus the $$ u'd spend on a new engine may go a considerable amount towards an 09

i also hear ya on local places...when i get my jet kit installed, with the shop out here, i may ask if i can look on while they install. probably not since its a small shop but i figured it can't hurt to ask eh?

Back