New Max Owner

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fastatv

Reaction score
Hey, what's up guy's? I just purchased my first Vmax and I'm new to the forum...thought I might say hello. I've already spent hours on here learning about my new beast ( new to me, it's a black 95 model ). I'm 53 years old, all my friends wanted me to buy a HD Electra Glide and I guess at my age, most would think that should suit me....nope. I still like the twisties and sportier bike feel. When I actually saw the Max in person, and rode it, kinda felt it was me. I feel it's a cross between a crusier and a sport bike......love it. Anyway, look forward to learning and some day, providing some knowledge payback. Thanks, Rick ( AKA Fastatv...name comes from my Banshee drag racing days )

Welcome Fastatv,
If your a drag racer the Vmax is right up your alley. I raced a few ATVs at our local track last year.

welcome aboard Rick, drag racing banshee's.................what kinda times they run? Im asssuming 1/8 mile.

Fastatv: I believe you'll find that most of us are in the FOG Category. I'm 59 next week. May be a second or third childhood thing. Electra Glides are pigs. If it can't scare me at times, I don't want to ride it... Welcome to the VMax Forum... Hope you stay around a long time and get to know us...:clapping:

Thanks for the welcome. I think I posted this in the wrong place...not much of a PC guru. About the banshee drag racing, It was years ago and almost always in the dirt, usually no more than 100 yards. Some strips had lights, some were hand waved starts and some had observer finishes. Never tried the asphalt. Banshees can be modded to be extremely fast....I still have an old one in the basement. Hopefully I won't get nuts and street drag the Vmax as my "go-nads" have schrank over the years. :biglaugh:

Senility will eventually kick in and "go-nads" will come back...:rofl_200:Just go easy on the wheelies... Here in Florida wheelies are fast catching up with Murder One for punishment...:bang head: No More Fun...

Welcome! A few Vmax wheelies up here, but we are more into street painting. Enjoy the new ride and post up some pics, we love pics!

Welcome Fastatv and congrats! I'm a new V Max owner myself after owning four different Harleys the last 25 years. I'm 56 and have always wanted a V Max since I first saw one. I'm lovin' my Max. I still like Harleys...They taste like chicken! :rofl_200:Enjoy yours and ride safe!:punk:

Thanks for the welcome and comments. I thought at 53 years old I might be a bit out of place. I'm going to like it here...thanks again!! :punk:

Welcome aboard!!! You will love your new toy for sure. Remember you are only as old as you feel, and eventually you get old enough you forget what old is:rofl_200:

Oh yeah, and I am a "Youngster" at 42, 43 this week though so I guess I am getting there. Still just over 40 and not quite to the almost 50 mark LOL.

I'll be 50 in a few days myself, sometimes my body feels like it, but as long as I can throw a leg over the Max, smoke the tire and hit the boost all is well in my world............................Tom.

I am 55 yrs old, in Florida thats considered a baby!

Congrats on the bike and ride safe! I bought a 2006 last yr and have had a great time riding it.

Hi, Pretty new to the forum myself, (did intro a few weeks back I think - maybe senilty has kicked in)... over 50 too, (52 I think:rofl_200:), recently brought a 2006 having admired one for as long as i can remember. Had too many Harleys to mention, (all gone now), got a bit fed up with them so its just 'max and my GSX1400 in the garge for fun...
All the best
R

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum. I'm a fairly new owner ( March ) of a new to me ('01 ) Max. Like you I have had my eyes on one for years.
I guess at 36, I am the young punk kid around here.

Happy Riding!

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum. I'm a fairly new owner ( March ) of a new to me ('01 ) Max. Like you I have had my eyes on one for years.
I guess at 36, I am the young punk kid around here.

Happy Riding!

I'm 32, which can be either old or young, depending on which side of it you're on...

Im 41, and I'd guess the median age here is close to 50, so your in good company. Welcome to the forum and enjoy the bike!

Latest posts

Back