Oil level ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok boys, I want to see a clean fight, there will be no :wkwk::th_kissass::th_529::buttsexor: or any :hammer bash::icon_axe::th_hit::th_analprobestare:

I want to see a clean :boxing: and remember, there are :rulez: to follow.

Let the :lol_hitting: begin.

ok man now i know your a hack, you talk about draining your oil (in the bike, come-on this is a family show) and getting the last drop of crap out, well Hack Runner you forgot to take the clutch cover off and get the last little bit, and also soak up the inside with a rag, i mean come-on if your gonna do it right do it RIGHT. HACK, go back to your bike and drain it all then you will get the full posted amount of Liters in there, ya liters not quarts or gal, its a metric bike HD lover hahahah :rofl_200::rofl_200:
LOOK " FLY BOY " I THINK THE YUKON HAS FINALLY FROZEN YOUR BRAIN ! ... STICK YOUR HEAD IN THE MICROWAVE ON " THAW " FOR A WHILE AND THEN GET BACK TO ME ! ... :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

A nice opening shot by the tough street kid from Jersey....!!

Lack of response from the Northern lad may indicate some damage was inflicted....but we've seen this recover from far worse!

................It's not over yet!!

LOOK " FLY BOY " I THINK THE YUKON HAS FINALLY FROZEN YOUR BRAIN ! ... STICK YOUR HEAD IN THE MICROWAVE ON " THAW " FOR A WHILE AND THEN GET BACK TO ME ! ... :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

good thing those pencils on your tonka toy are sharp cause you sure ain't.
Do you spend as much time on the can as you do watching oil drip......maybe you ended up flushing your brains down the toilet and thats why you didnt think about the last 1.5 oz under the cover........Pull the dam bottom bolts and drain it all out porcupine head :rofl_200::rofl_200:

here's a TIP for ya......look in the mirror :ummm::rofl_200::rofl_200:

good thing those pencils on your tonka toy are sharp cause you sure ain't.
Do you spend as much time on the can as you do watching oil drip......maybe you ended up flushing your brains down the toilet and thats why you didn't think about the last 1.5 oz under the cover........Pull the dam bottom bolts and drain it all out porcupine head :rofl_200::rofl_200:

here's a TIP for ya......look in the mirror :ummm::rofl_200::rofl_200:
NEXT OIL CHANGE , I'M GOING TO TAKE THE FILL PLUG OUT AND TURN IT UPSIDE DOWN ! ... THEN ALL OF THE OIL WILL COME OUT IN HALF THE TIME ! ... :punk::rofl_200:

tim. u gotta set up a shop vac to the drain hole. SUCK the oil out baby!

this may seem a might excessive to some folks so during a recent oil change on sallymax i did the following:
-warmed the motor up
-removed oil & filter and drained for 1 hour into a pan
-removed the pan and collected what dripped out over the next 20 hours

and this is it, the "bottom of the barrel," where all the crap hangs out!

I sure don't want to leave this in my engine....do you? :confused2:
i . MAN , I'VE BEEN WONDERING WHERE THE HELL I LEFT MY GLASSES !

i I GOT HOME FROM HEIDI'S & DANNY'S ON SUNDAY AT 4:00 P.M. , AFTER RIDING ABOUT 250 MILES STRAIGHT , I IMMEDIATELY TOOK OUT MY DRAIN PLUG AND REMOVED MY FILTER WITH ENGINE " RED HOT " ! .. THEN AT 8:00 P.M. TONIGHT , " 52 HOURS LATER " , I REINSTALLED MY DRAIN PLUG , INSTALLED A NEW OIL FILTER , POURED IN 3 QUARTS 18 ONCES OF AMSOIL 20-50 , AND A 4 OZ. BOTTLE OF " ZDDP " AND I'M GOOD TO GO AND OIL IS CLEAN AS A WHISTLE ! .. :punk:

So for every 4 hours of riding you have the oil plug out for 50 hours??? :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: (Trying to help ya out Rov!)

:punk::punk: sounds about right for frequency of oil chg.

and CR as far as "clean as a whistle!" well with the stuff that comes out of your mouth or where its been im sure that whistle isn't that clean :rofl_200:

how heidi and dan doing?

How's about a nice necropost?! So, my new (to me) vmax ('98) has been lowered in the back with progressive shocks and has no center stand. I drained the oil, changed the filter, put in 3 quarts, ran the bike for a few, checked the glass, topped off with .5 quart, and rechecked. My questions: 1) with the bike being lowered in the rear and not on a center stand (but balanced vertically), am I getting a false high or false low reading? 2) I know to check the oil with the bike warm, however... how long do you wait to check the level once you shut the bike down? If I check within a minute or two, it's right at the top line. If I wait 20-30 minutes, the glass is full.

I have the front end lowered about 1" on my 95, my 90 is stock but neither have center stand. I use a 2x4 to get my bike level, well almost level and put the side stand on it. Your oil level should be mid site glass. It could be a tad over full, normally oil is pushed thru the oil passage ways on a bike and it takes it a while to drain back into oil pan/ same as a car( you add oil and have to wait awhile for it to make its way to oil pan). I hate saying you might need to wait a while but it could take it about 2 minutes to drain back into oil pan it it's up in the top of the valve covers. You shouldn't have to wait 20-30 minutes, but if it reads over-full it's overfull. Running a vehicle with too much oil can blow seals out, like on a car it will be the rear main. Not sure where vmax likes to blow oil out easy, I would think the side cover that the wires for the charging system come in since it gives a little as is..

How's about a nice necropost?! So, my new (to me) vmax ('98) has been lowered in the back with progressive shocks and has no center stand. I drained the oil, changed the filter, put in 3 quarts, ran the bike for a few, checked the glass, topped off with .5 quart, and rechecked. My questions: 1) with the bike being lowered in the rear and not on a center stand (but balanced vertically), am I getting a false high or false low reading? 2) I know to check the oil with the bike warm, however... how long do you wait to check the level once you shut the bike down? If I check within a minute or two, it's right at the top line. If I wait 20-30 minutes, the glass is full.

I keep my Oil level between 1/2 and 3/4 up in the sight glass.
Too much and it will blow up into the airbox and end up getting into the carbs.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Oil-Level-Vmax.jpg
    Oil-Level-Vmax.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts

Back