Organic vs. Sintered pads on VMAX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4sylvester

Reaction score
I know the differences between the two. Organic more progressive, lower heat, less squeel. Sintered more stopping power, less progressive.

I am using R1 calipers... can i use organic? Will I have enough stopping power? I like the idea of more of a progressive feel, and less opportunity for squeel which is why i am leaning toward organic.

Not to mention organics are far more friendly on you rotors themselves. So the question is $50 in pads or $200 in rotors when your breaks start to wear?

Personally I use organics.

Not to mention organics are far more friendly on you rotors themselves. So the question is $50 in pads or $200 in rotors when your breaks start to wear?

Personally I use organics.

My 91 FZR1000 still has the original rotors, and I'm on my third set of sintered pads.

But, for 4sylvester I'd say go with what you are comfortable with. But you can change from an organic pad to a sintered pad much easier than vice verse. So with the cost of pads I'd try the organics first.

Which master are you using with those R1 calipers? I'm considering the same mod, but I have to find a way to make the R1 calipers all black.

Stock master cylinder for now with new stainless braided lines. I know I am not gaining any braking power over stock.. i am doing it strictly for cosmetics. I have the blue dot R1 calipers and I was planning on just painting over the blue with black caliper paint.

Stock master cylinder for now with new stainless braided lines. I know I am not gaining any braking power over stock.. i am doing it strictly for cosmetics. I have the blue dot R1 calipers and I was planning on just painting over the blue with black caliper paint.

Cool, thanks. I am going to have to consider that. Good move on the brake lines. Probably the single best mod you can do to your brakes.

We have a tool to remove the inserts and are in the process of anodizing a set red for a customer. We could probably about do another set (with other colors). You can get the same bolt on calipers with silver centers (warrior) and gold centers (R6) and I think the billet ones (raider) will even fit (the complete calipers).

Sean

We have a tool to remove the inserts and are in the process of anodizing a set red for a customer. We could probably about do another set (with other colors). You can get the same bolt on calipers with silver centers (warrior) and gold centers (R6) and I think the billet ones (raider) will even fit (the complete calipers).

Sean

Thanks once again, for the good info Sean.

i will (from seans advice) always run sintered up front and organic in the rear.

Sean

Hey Sean. Another question on this because the same exact question got asked on another Forum:

What type of thread sealant is used when putting them back on? Did Yamaha use something different for the sake of being resistant to brake fluid?

If you are asking about the inserts there is no thread sealant required. They have o-rings built into them.

Sean

I run sintered all the way around. I have Galfer waves all the way around though.

I like the feel of them and there's no noticeable wear on any of the three.

Chris

Back